HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Creighton players give fi...

Sat Mar 6, 2021, 09:28 PM

Creighton players give first public comments about Greg McDermott's remarks

Source: Omaha World Herald

By Jon Nyatawa

Several Creighton players made their first public comments about Greg McDermott’s racially insensitive locker room remarks, sharing their thoughts on a prerecorded video played before Saturday’s CU-Butler game.

The Jays had remained silent on the controversy since McDermott revealed Tuesday that he’d used an analogy to compare his program to a plantation.

Senior Damien Jefferson declined to comment on the situation after CU’s loss to Villanova Wednesday. No other Creighton player met with reporters this week.

But before tipoff Saturday, the players shared a message.

Creighton's Denzel Mahoney is among a group of players who were broadcast on the scoreboard reading a statement about coach Greg McDermott who was suspended following comments he made to his team following a loss with racial undertones.

CHRIS MACHIAN, THE WORLD-HERALD

Read more: https://omaha.com/sports/college/creighton/creighton-players-give-first-public-comments-about-greg-mcdermotts-remarks/article_d517e8d8-7ecc-11eb-b266-a78cca570c4c.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

2 replies, 1471 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Creighton players give first public comments about Greg McDermott's remarks (Original post)
Omaha Steve Mar 6 OP
Mickju Mar 7 #1
WhoWoodaKnew Mar 7 #2

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sun Mar 7, 2021, 02:09 PM

1. Will people never learn?

It gets pretty depressing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sun Mar 7, 2021, 09:39 PM

2. "A lot of guys in that locker room were hurting from it, and I was hurting from what he said,"

...Zegarowski said. “But at the same time, Coach Mac, he’s been a huge mentor for me. And I know he would take a bullet for me, and everybody in that locker room, including the coaching staff.”

Zegarowski ended by saying, “that’s my guy.”

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread