HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » First Lady Jill Biden vis...

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 06:18 PM

First Lady Jill Biden visits Meriden to tour elementary school with new U.S. education secretary....

Source: Hartford Courant

Full headline: First Lady Jill Biden visits Meriden to tour elementary school with new U.S. education secretary Miguel Cardona

By JESSIKA HARKAY

First Lady Jill Biden visited Meriden Wednesday, the hometown of new U.S. Education Secretary Miguel Cardona. The two received a warm welcome from the city before touring Benjamin Franklin Elementary School.

“It’s been a love fest here in Connecticut,” Biden said. “Now our nation is going to have that love for you Miguel. You were sworn in just yesterday but I think an educators favorite three words aren’t ‘I love you,’ but ‘Education Secretary Cardona’.”

The trip by Biden and Cardona came within 24 hours of his swearing-in and less than two days after he was confirmed in the Senate. The visit to the elementary school was a trip back home for Cardona, who worked as a fourth-grade teacher in his hometown before becoming the state’s youngest principal at age 27. Cardona went on to become an administrator in the district, then the state education commissioner.

“It feels great to be home,” Cardona said. “I’m so proud to see the Meriden Public School seal here. I’m so proud to be from Meriden. I’m so proud to show the public education here.”

Read more: https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-jill-biden-visits-connecticut-20210303-weo7j67sdja2llwusvme5ozvqq-story.html

Miguel Cardona was born in and lived in Meriden CT. He started as a teacher. This has to be a great example for these children.

3 replies, 963 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply First Lady Jill Biden visits Meriden to tour elementary school with new U.S. education secretary.... (Original post)
George II Mar 3 OP
Sugarcoated Mar 4 #1
McKim Mar 4 #2
Bayard Mar 4 #3

Response to George II (Original post)

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 05:31 AM

1. Pretty in pink

Love her shoes...and her big heart

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 12:44 PM

2. I Love Her Spotlight on Public Education!

Love her spotlight on public education. Public Education has suffered from war from the right wing for decades. There is a long campaign to defund and disparage it. First Lady Biden is pushing back!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 01:17 PM

3. Let us try to forget

The imposter that came between our last beloved First Lady, and this one.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread