HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » A Capitol rioter said he ...

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 01:59 PM

A Capitol rioter said he posed as "Antifa," feds say, then boasted he beat police who "got ..."

Source: Washington Post

Morning Mix

A Capitol rioter said he posed as "Antifa," feds say, then boasted he beat police who "got exactly what they deserved"

By Katie Shepherd
March 2, 2021 at 5:05 a.m. EST

The day before a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, William Robert Norwood III texted a group of friends and family to boast he had traveled to D.C. with a plan to fool the police. ... Im dressing in all black, Norwood texted a group chat on Jan. 5, according to images included in a federal criminal complaint filed last week. Ill look just like ANTIFA. Ill get away with anything.

Then, after joining in the mob, assaulting police officers and storming the Capitol rotunda, federal agents said, Norwood texted the group again to boast that his ploy had been a success.

It worked, Norwood texted, along with photos of himself wearing a police officers vest that he allegedly took from the Capitol. I got away with things that others were shot or arrested for.

Norwood was arrested in Greer, S.C., on Feb. 25 and charged with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, obstruction of justice and Congress, theft of government property and other charges. He does not yet have an attorney listed in court records.

{snip}

Katie Shepherd
Katie Shepherd is a reporter on The Washington Post's Morning Mix team. Before joining The Post, she was a staff writer at Willamette Week in Portland, Ore. Follow https://twitter.com/katemshepherd

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/02/norwood-capitol-riot-antifa-arrest/

A Capitol rioter said he posed as "Antifa," feds say, then boasted he beat police who "got exactly what they deserved"

13 replies, 2161 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply A Capitol rioter said he posed as "Antifa," feds say, then boasted he beat police who "got ..." (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Mar 2 OP
captain queeg Mar 2 #1
matt819 Mar 2 #2
Judi Lynn Mar 2 #4
matt819 Mar 2 #8
tikka Mar 2 #11
salin Mar 2 #12
greenjar_01 Mar 2 #3
Evolve Dammit Mar 2 #5
FakeNoose Mar 2 #6
OldBaldy1701E Mar 2 #7
Grokenstein Mar 2 #9
bucolic_frolic Mar 2 #10
OldBaldy1701E Mar 3 #13

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 02:12 PM

1. It's a good thing these guys are so stupid

Maybe its not limited to politics, more about age and growing up with all the mass media. Just read about the Nike VP who just resigned after her son was publicly bragging about making a lot of money in the sneaker resale business and saying it helps to have inside info. What a stupid twit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 02:14 PM

2. Oh my. . .

Let's see.

An antifa uniform? Actually, I found some antifa uniform items on Amazon, so maybe that's what he's talking about.

And if I knew there were uniforms, I might have joined up with antifa during their siege of the WH in 1812. Or something.

Does this guy have eyesight issues? Where I see a camo jacket, does he see a black jacket? And why would he be wearing woodland camo in an urban environment? Hey, if you're going to do cosplay, do it right.

So what he's suggesting is that his posing as an antifa activist, he instigated the terror attack on the capitol. Sorry, bubba, you can't have it both ways. You either committed an act of terrorism as a white nationalist, or you committed an act of terror posing as a left wing agitator. Either way, you're guilty (okay, allegedly guilty until you're tried and convicted - are you enough of a white supremacist for the aryan brotherhood?).

Reply to this post

Response to matt819 (Reply #2)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 03:05 PM

4. He looks too stupid to be anything other than a pro-Trump P.O.S.

Reply to this post

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #4)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 04:53 PM

8. They do have a look, don't they? (nt)

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 07:17 PM

11. Even the former guy thought that they looked low class.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 09:19 PM

12. LOL - his 'antifa all black', hidden under a cammo coat/vest and a red maga hat!

He only fooled RonJon and other congressional insurrectionists who try to erase the events of January 6.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 02:15 PM

3. Imagine being in your 40s and being this fucking stupid

They really have the minds of below-average adolescents. It's remarkable. These are grown people?

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 03:42 PM

5. There's your Antifa connection.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 04:40 PM

6. Thank you FBI for taking this trash off the streets

Another idiot out of circulation.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 04:43 PM

7. "I'll look just like ANTIFA. I'll get away with anything."

No. No, you won't. (Stupid asshat). As stated above, it is good thing these seditionists are narcissistic idiots.

Reply to this post

Response to OldBaldy1701E (Reply #7)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 06:08 PM

9. Yeah, they can't stop serving themselves up on a plate.

Just makes civilization's job that much easier.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 06:52 PM

10. That's how they get their jollies

Empathy, civil rights, tolerance be damned. You'll have some time to think it over, Bro!

Reply to this post

Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #10)

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 09:35 AM

13. Which, of course, is horrifying.

But that is the truth. Some of these people get off on hurting others in any way they can. Like the guy who gouged the police officer's eyes. The very fact that he did this after the guy was down tells me all I need to know.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread