HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trudeau: Canadian, US bor...

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:27 AM

Trudeau: Canadian, US border to remain closed 'for now'

Source: The Hill

BY ZACK BUDRYK - 02/28/21 08:15 AM EST

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in an interview to be broadcast on Sunday it is too early to make a decision on reopening his country's border with the U.S.

“The approach that [President Biden] is taking on COVID right now much more aligns with where Canada has been for quite a while, grounded in science, grounded in protection of people as the best way to protect the economy, and understanding that, that being there to support people is absolutely essential so that we can get through this as quickly as possible,” Trudeau told NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“It's great to see America re-engage. I think certainly there were things that were more challenging under the previous administration in terms of moving the dial in the right direction on the international stage,” he added.

Asked by NBC’s Chuck Todd how soon border restrictions would be listed, Trudeau responded: “I think there's an awful lot of different metrics we need to look at on.”

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/540864-trudeau-canadian-us-border-to-remain-closed-for-now

3 replies, 1377 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trudeau: Canadian, US border to remain closed 'for now' (Original post)
DonViejo Feb 28 OP
Marthe48 Feb 28 #1
George II Mar 3 #2
lagomorph777 Mar 3 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 12:53 PM

1. A consequence of selfishness

Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2021, 01:52 PM - Edit history (1)

I put the blame for news like this right on the people who won't wear a mask, social distance, who ignore the reality of the deadly disease.

Last year, when Covid-19 started its race through the human population, epidemiologists predicted that the U.S. alone would lose 3 million people. That was with masks, social distancing and other safeguards. We are right on track to hit that number or more. Even with a vaccine available, up to 20% of Americans won't get it, because they don't want to.

The people who won't follow guidelines to limit the spread of this illness are responsible for another layer of tarnish on the U.S.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 11:52 AM

2. I was hoping that within a few months the border would have a limited opening to Americans....

Unfortunately that doesn't look like it will be happening, even for those who have received the vaccine.

I haven't been up there since 2018 - in 2019 I threw my back out and couldn't stand sitting in a car for 10-11 hours. Last year of course all travel was cancelled.

Maybe by summer or fall Americans can cross the border. I have relatives up there I'm itching to visit but cannot.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:06 PM

3. All those premature demaskulations in the red states are going to fuck this up again.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread