HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Kevin McCarthy Criticizes...

Wed Feb 24, 2021, 01:40 PM

Kevin McCarthy Criticizes Biden Stimulus for Sending 'Biggest Chunk' of Funds to His Home State Cali

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Omaha Steve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Newsweek

California

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a California Republican, criticized President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus proposal for sending the "biggest chunk" of funds to his home state.

As Democrats continue to push forward with Biden's American Rescue Plan, most Republican lawmakers continue to criticize the package and its high price tag. However, recent polls have shown that there is bipartisan support among voters for the additional COVID-19 relief.

During a Wednesday morning interview with CNBC's Squawk Box, McCarthy expressed his opposition to the package—raising concerns that his state would receive too much money.

"I think the three things we need to do: back to work, back to school, back to health," McCarthy said. "So I would spend more money on COVID. I wouldn't reward states—what they're doing is they're reversing the order of how they provide resources to the states. Those that actually shutdown get more money," he said.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kevin-mccarthy-criticizes-biden-stimulus-for-sending-biggest-chunk-of-funds-to-his-home-state-california/ar-BB1dYNmZ?li=BBnb7Kz

5 replies, 985 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kevin McCarthy Criticizes Biden Stimulus for Sending 'Biggest Chunk' of Funds to His Home State Cali (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Feb 24 OP
underpants Feb 24 #1
brush Feb 24 #2
IronLionZion Feb 24 #3
pandr32 Feb 24 #4
Omaha Steve Feb 24 #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Feb 24, 2021, 01:44 PM

1. Back to health first you dumbass

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 24, 2021, 01:48 PM

2. I hope his future Dem election opponent is filing this stupidity away to spring against him...

come the general election in 2022. Representatives are supposed to bring home the bacon, not try to refuse it.

Wed Feb 24, 2021, 02:02 PM

3. Republicans really hate their own constituents

just ask Ted Cruz

Wed Feb 24, 2021, 02:18 PM

4. California is by far the most populated state in the country

It has the same number of people as 22 states (lowest population upwards).

Wed Feb 24, 2021, 03:44 PM

5. After a review by forum hosts....LOCKING

NOT important news of national interest only.

Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.