HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Former state Assembly can...

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 01:14 AM

Former state Assembly candidate arrested at Rep. Kevin McCarthy's Bakersfield office

Source: LA Times

A former Democratic candidate for the California Assembly was arrested Monday after refusing to leave Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s Bakersfield office in an episode she livestreamed on social media while calling for the congressman’s resignation over last week’s violence at the U.S. Capitol.

McCarthy’s staff said Julie Solis entered the office shortly before 9 a.m. by following in a delivery driver, according to the Bakersfield Police Department. She was arrested about an hour later on suspicion of trespassing, a police spokesman said.

The Kern County Sheriff’s Office website indicated she was still in custody at 3 p.m. Monday but that her release was expected later in the day. No criminal charges had been filed by that time. According to the website, Solis is scheduled for a court hearing at 8:30 a.m. Feb. 9.

Solis said in her livestream — a recording of which remained online — that she was expecting others to meet her at McCarthy’s office. The others apparently did not join her, however, even as she encouraged them to “come on down.”

“We come in peace,” she said while wearing a face mask in cellphone video as she walked around the office’s reception area. “All we want, nothing more, [is] for him [McCarthy] to resign.”

Read more: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-12/police-arrest-former-assembly-candidate-julie-solis-at-rep-kevin-mccarthys-bakersfield-office

Not cool.

2 replies, 1839 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Former state Assembly candidate arrested at Rep. Kevin McCarthy's Bakersfield office (Original post)
Zorro Jan 13 OP
JohnnyRingo Jan 13 #1
stopdiggin Jan 13 #2

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 02:11 AM

1. I dressed up for a Halloween Day wedding once

Because my brother in law told me it was going to be a theme wedding. I went as a mummy and my wife as Elvira. It was not a theme wedding. My brother in law didn't go in costume either.

I know how it feels to be the only one Ms. Solis.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 05:35 AM

2. Well, THAT'S kind of embarrassing! (nt)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread