HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Racist slurs interrupt fu...

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 11:31 PM

Racist slurs interrupt funeral for Phoenix civil rights icon

Source: ABC News

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Police Department is investigating after a virtual funeral for civil rights icon and city leader Calvin Coolidge Goode was interrupted Tuesday by hackers yelling racist slurs.

“The Phoenix Police Department has been made aware of the incident and after speaking with the FBI, the department will be the lead investigative agency,” spokeswoman Maggie Cox said in an email. “This type of language and disruption is unacceptable and only divides our community. We are committed to working with our community in identifying the person(s) responsible for this act.”

Mayor Kate Gallego on Twitter condemned the comments and said the city does not tolerate hate crimes.

“I condemn the racists who disrupted Vice Mayor Goode’s funeral services. This is horrific and does not represent the values & commitment of our community. I am determined to continue Vice Mayor Goode’s fight," Gallego said.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/racist-slurs-interrupt-funeral-phoenix-civil-rights-icon-75204625?cid=clicksource_4380645_6_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

3 replies, 1126 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Racist slurs interrupt funeral for Phoenix civil rights icon (Original post)
groundloop Jan 12 OP
Flash953 Jan 12 #1
oldsoftie Jan 13 #2
Judi Lynn Jan 13 #3

Response to groundloop (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 11:43 PM

1. Stay Classy Arizona!!

I lived in Arizona for about five years because of work. Got pulled over for a DUI and blew a zero. Although I never lived in Tucson, I can say that Phoenix has many racists.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 05:29 AM

2. Reminds me of the Westboro Batptist idiots. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 05:32 AM

3. New frontiers in hatred. This is unbelievable. My god. n/t

Reply to this post