HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Officer resigns as Army i...

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:07 AM

Officer resigns as Army investigates her involvement in Washington rally that led to U.S. Capitol

Source: cbsnews

Updated on: January 11, 2021 / 9:02 AM / CBS/AP

A psychological operations officer who the Army is investigating for leading a group of people from North Carolina to the rally in Washington that led up to the deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol had already resigned her commission, CBS News correspondent David Martin reports. Commanders at Fort Bragg said they were reviewing Captain Emily Rainey's involvement in last week's events in the nation's capital, but she said she acted within military regulations and that no one in her group broke the law.

"I was a private citizen and doing everything right and within my rights," Rainey told The Associated Press on Sunday.

A Defense official told CBS News the Army is investigating how many soldiers from Fort Bragg accompanied Rainey to Washington. Rainey had resigned her commission after receiving a career-ending letter of reprimand for her actions at an earlier protest in the Fort Bragg area, Martin reports.

Because the process takes time, Rainey was still on active duty when she led a group of protestors to Washington and is due to leave the Army next month. Officials at Fort Bragg are now working to determine what other soldiers went to Washington and whether they were part of the mob that stormed the Capitol, Martin reports........................................

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emily-rainey-fort-bragg-captain-resigngs-washington-rally-army-investigating/

I still do not understand how folks can ruin their lives--or careers--- by getting caught up with a creepy man-child like Trump!!

105 replies, 9096 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 105 replies Author Time Post
Reply Officer resigns as Army investigates her involvement in Washington rally that led to U.S. Capitol (Original post)
riversedge Jan 11 OP
Bluethroughu Jan 11 #1
oasis Jan 11 #2
lagomorph777 Jan 11 #24
Rebl2 Jan 11 #35
Escurumbele Jan 11 #52
Yeehah Jan 11 #63
NHvet Jan 11 #72
Yeehah Jan 11 #74
NHvet Jan 11 #78
Yeehah Jan 11 #84
COL Mustard Jan 11 #88
roscoeroscoe Jan 11 #39
TxVietVet Jan 11 #81
jonstl08 Jan 11 #60
Wednesdays Jan 11 #3
TxVietVet Jan 11 #83
SledDriver Jan 11 #4
lagomorph777 Jan 11 #27
LonePirate Jan 11 #5
Chin music Jan 11 #6
AkFemDem Jan 11 #11
Chin music Jan 11 #14
James48 Jan 11 #25
Chin music Jan 11 #29
marble falls Jan 11 #44
dameatball Jan 11 #55
marble falls Jan 11 #75
Yeehah Jan 11 #82
marble falls Jan 11 #87
flying rabbit Jan 11 #94
marble falls Jan 12 #98
flying rabbit Jan 12 #100
James48 Jan 12 #96
marble falls Jan 12 #97
jonstl08 Jan 11 #59
Dyedinthewoolliberal Jan 11 #77
marble falls Jan 11 #85
Dyedinthewoolliberal Jan 11 #90
marble falls Jan 11 #91
marble falls Jan 11 #79
marie999 Jan 11 #65
liberalhistorian Jan 11 #95
AkFemDem Jan 12 #101
DemoTex Jan 11 #7
colorado_ufo Jan 11 #36
marble falls Jan 11 #45
jmowreader Jan 14 #105
secondwind Jan 11 #56
pfitz59 Jan 12 #99
dalton99a Jan 11 #8
angrychair Jan 11 #41
UpInArms Jan 11 #9
Chin music Jan 11 #15
sarge43 Jan 11 #20
marble falls Jan 11 #46
jmbar2 Jan 11 #10
dreamland Jan 11 #16
Chin music Jan 11 #17
Tommymac Jan 11 #30
Chin music Jan 11 #31
jmbar2 Jan 12 #103
rdking647 Jan 11 #68
maxrandb Jan 12 #102
Marthe48 Jan 11 #12
sarisataka Jan 11 #13
NCjack Jan 11 #18
colorado_ufo Jan 11 #33
Fla Dem Jan 11 #19
Ligyron Jan 11 #49
colorado_ufo Jan 11 #53
stillcool Jan 11 #21
getagrip_already Jan 11 #23
cwydro Jan 11 #62
BlueIdaho Jan 11 #22
getagrip_already Jan 11 #26
BlueIdaho Jan 11 #28
Chin music Jan 11 #32
turbinetree Jan 11 #34
sdfernando Jan 11 #37
IronLionZion Jan 11 #38
PatrickforO Jan 11 #40
0nirevets Jan 11 #42
UCmeNdc Jan 11 #43
Historic NY Jan 11 #47
CaptainTruth Jan 11 #48
pandr32 Jan 11 #50
VA_Jill Jan 11 #51
Javaman Jan 11 #54
Yeehah Jan 11 #64
Javaman Jan 11 #66
Chin music Jan 11 #69
greenjar_01 Jan 11 #57
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 11 #58
Don1 Jan 11 #61
cwydro Jan 11 #67
BobTheSubgenius Jan 11 #70
C Moon Jan 11 #71
edhopper Jan 11 #73
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jan 11 #76
TexasProgresive Jan 11 #80
DeminPennswoods Jan 11 #86
hibbing Jan 11 #89
Dark n Stormy Knight Jan 11 #92
Marrah_Goodman Jan 11 #93
yellowcanine Jan 12 #104

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:11 AM

1. Wow.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:14 AM

2. Traitors gotta do their thing.

Reply to this post

Response to oasis (Reply #2)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:59 AM

24. Clear violation of her oath and grounds for court-martial.

Reply to this post

Response to lagomorph777 (Reply #24)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:22 AM

35. Should lose

any pension, health care and should be court-martialed.

Reply to this post

Response to Rebl2 (Reply #35)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:03 PM

52. If found that she committed treason she is going to loose more than her pension.

Treason has high punishment.

Reply to this post

Response to Rebl2 (Reply #35)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:36 PM

63. A captain being forced out receives no pension

Only if she has a qualifying disability will she receive health care from VA.

Reply to this post

Response to Yeehah (Reply #63)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 01:36 PM

72. partially true...

If she is "forced out" due to a court martial or UCMJ action, she will not get VA benefits, but if she resigns she will still be able to claim VA benefits to my understanding.

Reply to this post

Response to NHvet (Reply #72)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 01:58 PM

74. "Pension" refers to retirement payments

She will not have 20 years of service so no pension, i.e. retirement benefits, unless she was prior enlisted with 13 or so years which is extremely unlikely. Assuming she has about 7 years of service as an officer.

If she receives a dishonorable discharge, she will receive no VA benefits.

Even if she doesn't get a DD, she would need to have some kind of qualifying disability to get any kind of disability compensation.

Reply to this post

Response to Yeehah (Reply #74)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:09 PM

78. Correct

No retirement money or full medical unless you achieve 20 years active or get out on a med. disability prior to 20yrs. But if she leaves prior to attaining 20 yrs active, with a Honorable, she can apply for a VA loan, use a VA hospital, use the GI bill education, etc. General Discharge she can use the VA hospital but can't use the GI bill benefits. Other Than Honorable is a case by case and she has to request the VA determine her benefits.

Reply to this post

Response to NHvet (Reply #78)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:39 PM

84. So it is not "partially true"

that a captain forced out of the service will not receive a pension.

Glad we agree!

Reply to this post

Response to Yeehah (Reply #74)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 03:33 PM

88. Officers Don't Get A Dishonorable Discharge

They get dismissed, which carries the same general connotation. But only a court-martial can direct a dismissal.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:28 AM

39. Yep

Big Army will happily extend your time in service to conduct a trial. No problem at all.

Reply to this post

Response to roscoeroscoe (Reply #39)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:28 PM

81. Yes indeed!

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:31 PM

60. Agree

My oath I took in 1983 never expires and she violated that oath. Regarding the reason she received a reprimand for protesting Covid restrictions does not pass the smell test. She had to do something more than just protesting otherwise the military would not go that far.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:15 AM

3. One by one they fall.

Wonder how many will be indicted after everything settles down. Hundreds? And how high up the chain will it go?

Reply to this post

Response to Wednesdays (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:36 PM

83. As identifying the criminals continues, I believe that additional charges

will be added AFTER we get a new Attorney General. One that is interested in LAW AND ORDER and not worried about protecting tRumps.

I firmly believe that this incident at the Capital building included acts of sedition and treason. I believe it was an "INSIDE JOB". tRumpanzees, within the tRump regime aided and abetted these crimes.

I may be wrong.
More and more information is being discovered daily. The current AG Barr (aka Biggie Suckass) is probably trying to protect all the criminal republikans that he can.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:16 AM

4. Cult

You would think a Psy-ops officer would be smart enough to recognize the warning signs and see through it, but...

Reply to this post

Response to SledDriver (Reply #4)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:00 AM

27. Used her skills for the dark side.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:17 AM

5. PsyOps huh? She certainly does not allow her work to bleed into her personal time obviously.

Reply to this post

Response to Chin music (Reply #6)

Response to AkFemDem (Reply #11)

Response to Chin music (Reply #14)

25. No, she won't.

VA medical coverage is only for service connected disabilities, unless she is poor and cannot afford her own health care. The only way she would qualify for VA medical care is poverty.

Which is ok by me.

If she is unemployable for the rest of her life, I’m ok with that.

Reply to this post

Response to James48 (Reply #25)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:42 AM

44. Wrong. VA takes care of ALL my health claims. From the cat bite I almost lost my finger ...

... whatever it was in Nov 2019 that was never identified past "a type of coronavirus", with a lost number of bladder and colon cancer surgeries and procedures.

You should be so lucky with the quality and quantity of my healthcare in your healthcare.

VA's spent at least a million on my bladder cancer over eight years alone.

If she resigned with no charges, why shouldn't she get VA? She earned that at least. That said, arrest her.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #44)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:06 PM

55. I'm thinking you know what you are talking about here. Just sayin.

Reply to this post

Response to dameatball (Reply #55)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:00 PM

75. I get what you mean. She got a wonderful education from the US Army. She's most likely ...

... going to get her VA benefits and why not: she earned them. The Army while looking into this latest outrage may decide otherwise, but from my experience probably not.

She shit on the Army, and she shit on us. We'll see what JAG makes of it.

She'll end up in law enforcement.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #44)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:32 PM

82. Then you qualified for care by either having a service-connected disability or indigency

Only veterans in those two categories receive VA medical care.

Reply to this post

Response to Yeehah (Reply #82)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 03:12 PM

87. Wrong. I am an ex Navy submariner and I own my house and I owned my own business until ...

I got sick. I put three kids and myself through college. Other than the hearing loss from subs, I have no service related injuries or disabilities. Veterans cover everything for me, including things done in civilian hospitals.

When was the last time you applied for VA???? If you earned it, you deserve it. The means testing is not stringent - income less than $40,000 a year. And then there's a sliding scale but in 10 years of going to Austin and/or Temple at least monthly I have not met anyone who's paying even a cent for their treatment.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #87)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:31 PM

94. Not everyone qualifies.

They put a cutoff date on this, and you must have been in the time window. People getting out now wont get it unless they have 20.

Reply to this post

Response to flying rabbit (Reply #94)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 12:17 AM

98. I got out in '76. When did you get sprung?

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #98)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 08:23 AM

100. 2001

I believe the window closed soon after that. I just got in before it changed.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #87)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 12:07 AM

96. Wrong. You ARE disabled, and that's why.

As a service-connected hearing loss, even though that is zero percent disability payments, that qualifies you under Priority Six for free VA medical care. THAT is why you qualify.

Unless you are a wartime veteran, such as Vietnam service, you don’t always get VA medical care. See the various priority groups here: https://www.va.gov/health-care/eligibility/priority-groups/

Reply to this post

Response to James48 (Reply #96)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 12:14 AM

97. Thanks to Bushes, its not so hard to be a wartime vet. No one has ever classified me as disabled ...

... I did get an amazing hearing aid that has a tinnitus masking setting.

I am a Viet era vet, but as a submariner I have no firm proof I was anywhere near.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:27 PM

59. Correct

I am an Air Force Veteran 1983-88 and cannot use VA for medical since I make too much money and have private insurance through my employer. At least that is what they told when I tried to have them cover my diabetic medicines such as insulin.

Reply to this post

Response to jonstl08 (Reply #59)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:06 PM

77. I too am a veteran

and when I investigated using the VA as a medical provider I qualified. The kicker? I'm at the bottom of the list behind veterans injured or maimed in service to our country, to those disabled, to those who retired after 19 and 6 (aka 20 years), etc, etc,etc,

Reply to this post

Response to Dyedinthewoolliberal (Reply #77)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:57 PM

85. Someone has misled you or mispoken. I don't pay penny one and I've had several Cadillac ...

... policies in the past and VA is a Rolls-Royce. My appointments are made within days, follow-ups just as quick, I can talk to my primary care physician by phone. And this never ever happened on private insurance/HMOs - I had my first primary physician for eight years, and I'm on my second - three years. My surgeons have called me at home after procedures to be sure I was alright. None of my issues are directly service related. Other than the hearing loss.

If you're in Texas I will come wherever you are and help you walk through it. I believe in my vet brothers and sisters and I believe in VA. And the facilities we have here are very highly rated. It's the ONLY reason I'm still in Texas: Austin VA clinic and Temple VA hospital. Heck, they (and G*d's blessing) are the ONLY reason I am here today.

And they even pay my mileage from Marble Falls.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #85)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 04:24 PM

90. Well, i can dig out the paperwork

that told me that, but it doesn't really matter because I work for an employer that provides insurance and I'm 70 so I suppose I can use Medicare vs VA right? I am not in Texas but thanks for the offer.

Reply to this post

Response to Dyedinthewoolliberal (Reply #90)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 05:02 PM

91. VA's better than Medicare, I have both. Private insurance by itself does not disqualify you ...

I helped two guys from church get into the system. Neither one is indigent by a long shot.

When I got out of the service I went to work at Brecksville VA in Ohio. That night I came home and asked my wife that no matter what to please not let me die in a VA. A couple of summers before Sen Humphry actually held hearings at Brecksville where it was alleged that VA used seven times the Thorazine they would be expected to use, guys were posey tied to chairs sitting in their own waste, roaches were EVERYWHERE: all my experiences starting in my teens tied to a VA hospital were terrible. VA was where you went with no options before dying.

30 years later my insurance was canceled because we were at 32 hour weeks. I found out just before I was to get a colonoscopy.

My wife filled out the paper work and tricked me into going to the Austin VA clinic.

What a difference 30+ years make. I've made a perfect 180 on VA.

Reply to this post

Response to jonstl08 (Reply #59)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:12 PM

79. VA services a lot of vets with supplimental insurances and charges back on ins. I have Medicare ...

... if VA decides I should go to a civilian hospital, they pay what medicare doesn't. They also charge against health insurance on vets in VA.

Knowing what I know now - if my private insurance hadn't disenrolled me about a month before the cancer diagnosis: I would disenroll myself.

Navy vet '72 - '76.

I'm glad you're doing good. When you retire, enroll. If your income is only SSI, you'll qualify. VA does real good by we alte kochers.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:44 PM

65. $37,555 income or less allows her to use VA healthcare as long as her discharge isn't dishonorable.

If she did not try to break into Congress she will not receive a dishonorable discharge. Not about her, but there are other veterans that are allowed to use VA healthcare, such as serving during certain wars even if you did not go into a combat zone.

Edit, I just read that she said she led people to the riot so she should get a dishonorable discharge.

Reply to this post

Response to AkFemDem (Reply #11)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:39 PM

95. Would she be able to

receive any of the money from that account to which she contributed or is that also forfeited?

Reply to this post

Response to liberalhistorian (Reply #95)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:18 AM

7. The Ft. Bragg stockade .. not a nice place. She claims to have led 100 to the DC riots.

And Emily, I'm no JAG lawyer, but I do know that if you were on active duty on 1/6, even administratively, you are in a heap-o-trouble. Active duty is active duty. You won't be a PFC until you are totally off active duty status ("PFC" from the movie "Hamburger Hill" - Private Fucking Civilian).

Army captain Emily Rainey said she led more than 100 people to the Capitol riots (Facebook)

Reply to this post

Response to DemoTex (Reply #7)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:24 AM

36. Isn't she a cute little Nazi?

Reply to this post

Response to colorado_ufo (Reply #36)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:43 AM

45. Are those duck lips regulation?

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #45)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 01:04 AM

105. Nothing in the AR prohibits it for women

AR 670-1, which all NCOs have memorized, says about women's cosmetics: "Females may wear cosmetics if they are conservative and complement the uniform and their complexion."

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:09 PM

56. Had a recent lip enhancement by the looks of this photo.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 01:42 AM

99. Her resignation can be suspended or denied

Especially if she is facing criminal charges. I hope she goes to Leavenworth.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:18 AM

8. "Rainey was still on active duty"

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #8)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:32 AM

41. She knows better

As long as you are in the military, you are never a private citizen.

You have no rights the military doesn't give you and they can take them away at will.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:20 AM

9. Resignation not accepted

Court martial her

Reply to this post

Response to UpInArms (Reply #9)

Response to UpInArms (Reply #9)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:52 AM

20. In a just world ...

Oh. Right.

Never mind.

In 5, 4, 3...the enlisted that accompanied that piece of trash will be hung out to dry.

Reply to this post

Response to sarge43 (Reply #20)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:44 AM

46. Some will be made examples of, no doubt.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:24 AM

10. I'm glad to see folks suffering consequences

but worry about legions of unemployed, desperate, armed terrorists fulminating in the shadows of society. They need to be kept busy somehow, doing things other than destroying our democracy.

Where are those FEMA camps?

Reply to this post

Response to jmbar2 (Reply #10)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:31 AM

16. I agree. The number of unemployed will be a problem.

Send them to other countries where FEMA needs people. Maybe it'll open up their eyes to how people in other countries live because life is just too good for them here

Reply to this post

Response to Chin music (Reply #17)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:04 AM

30. How about making them work in a Covid Ward removing the dead.

Dealing with those poor victims of Trump's Genocide.

That would be an eye opener.

Reply to this post

Response to Tommymac (Reply #30)

Response to Tommymac (Reply #30)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:22 AM

103. Harsh, but I like the idea

My sister is a nurse on the frontlines. I worry everyday that some FreeDumb moron will infect her. If more people could see what they deal with everyday, perhaps they would come back to reality.

Perhaps make them serve on the frontlines cleaning, and then write a report to their brethren about what they saw, or make a truth video.

Reply to this post

Response to Chin music (Reply #17)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:50 PM

68. ill be happy with just a bad conduct discharge

no retirement benefits,same as a felony record so no gun ownership etc...

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:14 AM

102. She'll get 3 hots and a cot in Leavenworth

She won't have to worry about starving or having a "roof" over her head.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:28 AM

12. Good riddance to a bad actor

She should not collect any retirement or other rewards. I'm sure she can get a job with blackwater.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:29 AM

13. Out-processing had not completed, therefore

she was not a private citizen but still a member of the military and subject to the UCMJ.

A court martial would be appropriate.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:42 AM

18. Aww, Emily. You will be receiving a condolence card from Pres. Trump

for his killing your Army career.

Reply to this post

Response to NCjack (Reply #18)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:18 AM

33. I'm sure he will wish her well.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:49 AM

19. Here's the article regarding her playground protest.

Mom Barred from Southern Pines Parks After Violating Governor's Order

By Mary Kate Murphy, Staff Writer May 26, 2020 Updated May 26, 2020

Though the state is gradually allowing businesses and public facilities to reopen as long as the spread of COVID-19 remains manageable, Southern Pines Police say they will continue to enforce the restrictions still in place.

Those two came together last week when a Southern Pines woman, frustrated with the ongoing restrictions, was charged with injury to personal property on Friday after tearing down caution tape and playing with her son at the Downtown Park playground.
An 80-second video that Emily Grace Rainey recorded as she pulled tape off of the park’s main play structure was posted to the “Reopen NC” Facebook group shortly after the incident. It included the hashtag #standyourplayground.

The Reopen NC Facebook page has almost 4,000 followers and manages a group of 78,000. Its members have organized two demonstrations in Raleigh.

Just after 4 p.m. on Friday, Southern Pines police received a report that a woman was removing caution tape from the Downtown Park playground gates and equipment.

“Everyone here, all you freedom fighters, this is for you,” Rainey said before filming herself removing tape from the play equipment.

A longer video posted to Rainey’s personal page shows officers advising her that she was violating the governor’s executive order and subject to arrest. The video then cuts to Rainey claiming — though she confirms receiving a citation — that the officers told her that they aren’t enforcing the “unlawful executive order.”

More:
https://www.thepilot.com/coronavirus/mom-barred-from-southern-pines-parks-after-violating-governors-order/article_5a147d88-9f6e-11ea-a76e-3373843a0541.html

Reply to this post

Response to Fla Dem (Reply #19)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:00 PM

49. I love the way many of these idiots provide video evidence of their treacherous and illegal acts.

To do this kind of shit while on active duty is just beyond stupid. It's drilled into your head from day one you are not to do anything political while in uniform on pain of court marshall or being chaptered out if your real lucky, so there's just no excuse or room for wiggle room when it comes to engaging in that type of behavior.

I hope the military follows through and prosecutes those who violate their oath and won't take, "but I was defending the Constitution as per my oath" as an excuse because their JAG defence will surly use that tactic. The civilian courts are going to have their dockets full of Rambo wannabes for the foreseeable future if there's to be any Justice in this country. They're going to need all the relief they can get.

What worries me is a lot of people charged with crimes are already escaping justice because the COVID shut downs are slowing down a lot of already overwhelmed districts.

Reply to this post

Response to Ligyron (Reply #49)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:04 PM

53. The woman is nucking futs delusional and

I feel really sorry for her child.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:52 AM

21. She reminds me of the female guard..

at Gitmo. Even after doing prison time, she did not see anything wrong with what they did to people.

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #21)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:58 AM

23. people like her don't go quietly into the night......

They just keep getting bolder and angrier.

Let her chill in a stockade for a few decades. That will take the beans out of her kit.

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #21)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:33 PM

62. What female guard at Gitmo?

I remember the one from Abu Ghraib. There was another one?

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:58 AM

22. What is the charge for leading an insurrection?

If she had 100 seditionists under her control - could she swing?

Reply to this post

Response to BlueIdaho (Reply #22)

26. does sort of fit the definition of treason, no?

She was engaging in an act of war against the us.

Reply to this post

Response to getagrip_already (Reply #26)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:01 AM

28. Sounds right to me! nt.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:19 AM

34. maybe she should go back and "try" to re-read the Constitution she failed..............lock her up

Reply to this post

37. Resigning ain't gonna save your ass from the UCMJ.

As a commissioned officer you just can't "leave" the military (my Dad was an officer and retired way back in 1977, he could still be called back up, doubtful since he is 93). She could be called back up and subjected to court martial and I think it should be done. People need to understand the punishment for betraying your country will be severe!

On Edit: Just saw that she wasn't separated yet so she was still an active member of the armed forces. This is even worse for her. An active member of the military leading a mob of other soldiers into battle against the United States? I don't think I'm exaggerating here. She should be in the stockade then off to Leavenworth for the rest of her miserable life!

Reply to this post

38. Take away her clearances. nt

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:31 AM

40. Oh oh. I sense a court martial in her near future under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

And clearly, we need to root this out from the military as well. They serve this republic and the constitution NOT Donald Trump.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:34 AM

42. Operation Foot-bullet. Ready, aim, FIRE! Oh shit...

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:37 AM

43. She was still on active duty. UCMJ.

As an Army officer she cannot be involved in political activities that undermine the US government. She should know better.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 11:48 AM

47. Court-martial and a DD

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:00 PM

48. How can you swear an oath to defend the Constitution & then support a guy...

...who has been crapping all over the Constitution?

Makes no sense.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:02 PM

50. Career ending self actions

These people cannot even think clearly after so much brainwashing. They are losing their life-lines one by one and surprised when it happens as though they never for a second thought it could happen to them. Too bad, so sad!

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:03 PM

51. Should not be allowed to resign

Court-martial her for sedition and treason.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:06 PM

54. does she lose her VA benefits as well? she should if she doesn't. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Javaman (Reply #54)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:38 PM

64. If she gets a dishonorable discharge

she will have no VA benefits.

Reply to this post

Response to Yeehah (Reply #64)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:44 PM

66. let's hope. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Javaman (Reply #54)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:14 PM

57. Buh bye

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:15 PM

58. Just think - they did all this for naught.

There was never a chance tRump's rally could achieve anything at all other than pump tRump's childish ego.

Lives lost and numerous injured, a multitude of people sickened with COVID-19, careers and reputations lost, millions of dollars wasted.....

All for naught.......

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:32 PM

61. She needs to be investigated.

To what extent did she use her authority to convince 100 people to attend and tell them to do what exactly? Were any of them bringing military gear or uniforms? Did they enter the capitol or break anything? How close did they get to the capitol building? If they were nearby when this happened and did nothing to try to prevent it, that is also a thing that is actionable and needs some detail.

She apparently knows that a military court has a different level of burden of evidence than does a civilian court and thus probably why she quickly resigned to flee consequences.

Still, there should be a series of charges, an investigation of each charge, a hearing/trial, and a conclusion by jury or judge according to whatever are the UCMJ procedures for this type of situation.

Reply to this post

Response to Don1 (Reply #61)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 12:47 PM

67. She was in trouble before all this.

Seems like they should have kept a better eye on her.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 01:16 PM

70. As thoroughly, completely and richly she deserves these consequences and repudiation...

...she seems like a rather small fish in a large pond. I really don't care what happens to her, exactly...as long as it's not good.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 01:24 PM

71. Why do they ruin their lives and careers for that creep? Because they are racists!

They were finally able to crawl out from under their rocks, and now they are being forced to crawl back and they don't want to.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 01:41 PM

73. Fort Bragg

named after a Southern Traitor.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:05 PM

76. U.S. Army Officer Who Led Group to Capitol Already Had to Resign Over Separate Issue

An Army officer under scrutiny amid the D.C. insurrection was already leaving her commission. Captain Emily Rainey, who led a group of Trump supporters to Washington the day of the chaos, was already scheduled to leave the Army next month after she got a letter of reprimand for behavior at a previous protest around Fort Bragg, where she is assigned, according to CBS.

Rainey has denied wrongdoing in connection to the events of that day, telling The Associated Press she followed military regulations, and was acting as a private citizen. She said she did not know of anyone in the group–100 members of the Moore County Citizens for Freedom–entering the Capitol Building, and that they left for their buses before the emergency curfew.

Other supporters of President Donald Trump have been charged in connection to that day, largely for forcing their way into the closed Capitol Building as Congress was certifying the electoral college results for President-elect Joe Biden. The incumbent had incessantly been lying that he actually won the 2020 presidential election and that it was stolen from him.

“We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore,” he said in a speech before the insurrection. Five people died in the chaos: Four Trump supporters, and a Capitol police officer. A second officer died by suicide on Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-army-officer-who-led-group-to-capitol-already-had-to-resign-over-separate-issue/ar-BB1cEmtL?li=BBnb7Kz

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 02:14 PM

80. all former and serving elected or military need to be isolated from the rest of us

We who have remained true to our oath should not have to share air and space with oath breakers. We need a Coventry place where they can either learn to live in peace or destroy each other. Perhaps Alcatraz. There are building for shelter and frigged waters surrounding it. MREs can be air dropped with a few other necessary supplies. All should be tattooed with Oath Breaker on their foreheads.

If I sound angry and unforgiving, well that pretty much sums it up.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 03:03 PM

86. She thought just because she wasn't at work, i.e. on duty,

everything she did was ok? A military job is 24/7. You are never "off duty".

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 03:38 PM

89. All for this guy, I'll never get it n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:18 PM

92. It's pretty simple, I think.

It's called brainwashing. RW media and Social media have allowed that to happen en masse and quite effectively.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:20 PM

93. Way to destroy your career

You chose to sacrifice it at the altar of Trump.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 10:46 AM

104. Resignation should not be accepted. She should be court martialed and then dishonorably discharged.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread