HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trump Budget Chief Hamper...

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 12:45 PM

Trump Budget Chief Hampers Biden Transition With Ban on Meetings

Source: Bloomberg

President Donald Trumpís budget office is blocking Joe Bidenís transition team from meeting with key staff to help prepare the president-electís first annual spending plan, a move that could delay major proposals.

The director of the Office of Management and Budget, Russ Vought, has argued internally that the agency needs to focus on finishing new regulations the Trump administration plans to publish before the president leaves office, according to people familiar with the matter.

But experts on the federal budget say Voughtís refusal to give Bidenís team access to career OMB officials is unprecedented and could hurt Bidenís efforts to roll out big-picture, forward-looking ideas on everything from health care to climate change to taxes at the start of his four-year term.

The career OMB staff could provide Bidenís team information such as cost estimates and details on existing programs.

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-31/trump-budget-chief-hampers-biden-transition-with-ban-on-meetings?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

10 replies, 1946 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Budget Chief Hampers Biden Transition With Ban on Meetings (Original post)
sabra Dec 2020 OP
CincyDem Dec 2020 #1
NRaleighLiberal Dec 2020 #2
Cozmo Dec 2020 #3
dhill926 Dec 2020 #4
BlueIdaho Dec 2020 #5
badboy67 Dec 2020 #6
sakabatou Dec 2020 #7
Escurumbele Dec 2020 #8
Karadeniz Dec 2020 #9
pfitz59 Dec 2020 #10

Response to sabra (Original post)

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 12:50 PM

1. Translation: We ain't got time to meet with the new guy cuz we ain't done f'cking America yet. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 01:06 PM

2. enough...fuck all of these fucking depraved assholes.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 01:39 PM

3. Does anyone have the office's contact info?

I made it a point of sending emails and voicemails to Emily from GSA when she was pulling this shit.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 02:33 PM

4. we're gonna have to codify how the transition works....

this is unacceptable bullshit...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 03:01 PM

5. His Twitter & email Accounts

https://twitter.com/RussVought45?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This email address was taken from a PDF of official document he filed. I hope itís correct.
[email protected]

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 04:01 PM

6. Sick.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 04:14 PM

7. Those SOBs.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 06:04 PM

8. There should be some legal recourse to prosecute these people, some very clever lawyer could

turn this into a treasonous act, which it is, but there must be laws against it, and if there are not, then Biden should make sure to bring them to the house.

We must learn from the disgrace that trump has brought to the country, there must be laws that castigate that type of behaviour, and the powers the president has must have checks and balances but he/she should not be able to create so much chaos, we all know another trump, and this time one with brains will come.

trump has served well to other dictator-wanna-be, he has opened the path, and for some reason this "very intelligent" Senator Josh Hawley shocked me in a way that made me feel like he is next, and he has learned enough to know how to manipulate the brainless who support brainless trump. trump is evil, and that is the only way he can behave, he knows the ropes of being evil, but he is not and was not intelligent enough to do things right to accomplish his goal of becoming a dictator, but others will.

Biden's legal department MUST study well the powers of the presidency, and place breaks where they must. I would start with the opinion that a "sitting president cannot be indicted"...come one, how stupid is that? It doesn't make any sense. If trump would have killed someone in day light on 5th Ave that means he could not have been indicted while president. I have never heard anything so insane as an opinion. Anyway, that was the opinion of one person, why should it be allowed to have so much weight?

Reply to this post

Response to Escurumbele (Reply #8)

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 08:36 PM

9. I'd have to look, but someone posted information about the transition... It does have some sort of

Legal force to it. If anyone remembers that post, please help.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 31, 2020, 09:40 PM

10. He's a Heritage Foundation troll

a real Koch-sucker...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread