HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » TikTok Sale Deadline on H...

Fri Dec 4, 2020, 10:23 PM

TikTok Sale Deadline on Hold as Talks With U.S. Continue

Source: Bloomberg

A deadline set by the Trump administration for the forced sale of TikTokís U.S. assets will come and go Friday without a final deal, according to people familiar with the discussions.

While the deadline has been extended multiple times, TikTok isnít expected to receive a new one, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the decision isnít yet public. TikTok is still in talks with the U.S. government about a sale that satisfies the administrationís national security concerns, but Fridayís deadline will be allowed to lapse while the discussions continue.

The U.S. Treasury Department told TikTok and Chinese parent company ByteDance Ltd. that they wonít face a fine or other punishment for missing the deadline because the sides are still negotiating. The deal, which has been in the works for months, is close to being finished, and the administration is eager to complete it before President-elect Joe Biden takes office on Jan. 20, according to one of the people.

The White House declined to comment.

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-05/tiktok-sale-deadline-is-put-on-hold-as-talks-with-u-s-continue?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

1 replies, 838 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply TikTok Sale Deadline on Hold as Talks With U.S. Continue (Original post)
sabra Dec 2020 OP
PSPS Dec 2020 #1

Response to sabra (Original post)

Sat Dec 5, 2020, 12:47 AM

1. I guess they responded as desired when they heard "Do me a favor, though."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread