HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Scoop: Vice President-ele...

Tue Dec 1, 2020, 11:28 AM

Scoop: Vice President-elect Kamala Harris to Name Tina Flournoy as Chief of Staff

Source: Yashar Ali

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is set to name Tina Flournoy, who currently serves as chief of staff to former President Bill Clinton, as her chief of staff, according to two sources involved in transition planning.

Flournoy also served as chief counsel in Clinton’s White House Office of Presidential Personnel.

Donna Brazile, Tina Flournoy, Minyon Moore, Yolanda Caraway, and Leah Daughtry, a group of powerful Black women in Democratic politics who refer to themselves as “the Colored Girls”

Flournoy is a member of a group of friends and former colleagues who refer to themselves as “the Colored Girls,” Black women who have worked at the highest levels of Democratic politics. The group includes Donna Brazile, Yolanda Caraway, Leah Daughtry and Minyon Moore. In 2018, Brazile, Caraway, Daughtry, and Moore published a book entitled “For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Politics,” which detailed some of their shared experiences in politics.

Read more: https://yashar.substack.com/p/scoop-vice-president-elect-kamala?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

1 replies, 1124 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Scoop: Vice President-elect Kamala Harris to Name Tina Flournoy as Chief of Staff (Original post)
brooklynite Dec 2020 OP
redstatebluegirl Dec 2020 #1

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue Dec 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

1. My heart is so happy seeing the people Mr. Biden and Ms. Harris are putting in charge.

The WOMEN! Oh my goodness, I never thought I would live long enough to see this many women, and women of color to boot, running our country! I am beginning to think that all those marches I did in the late 60's and 70"s really did make a difference! Thank you Mr. Biden and Ms. Harris for showing America how many ultra qualified women there are out there! They have been invisible to many for so long!

We will be invisible no longer!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread