HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Climate change, race and ...

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 08:25 PM

Climate change, race and Covid on the agenda for final presidential debate

Source: Politico

The final presidential debate will focus on the coronavirus pandemic, race and climate change, among other topics revealed by the Commission on Presidential Debates on Friday.

NBC News' Kristen Welker, who will moderate the debates, will also ask President Donald Trump and Democratic candidate Joe Biden about national security and more abstract concepts, such as "leadership" and "American families," according to a commission news release. The topics are subject to change depending on how the news cycle turns in the days before the debate, the commission noted.

Next week's debate follows the commission's vow last month to alter the format for the events after the candidates' first showdown descended into a frenzy of cross-talk and personal insults. Though that forum touched on many of the same issues announced for next week's event ó including race and the coronavirus pandemic ó it was difficult at times to discern the candidates' positions amid the angry jabs and interruptions by the president.

The debate between Trump and Biden, set for next Thursday at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., will be the final face-to-face between the two candidates before Election Day. The commission's previously scheduled second debate, a town-hall style event planned for this week, was canceled after the president's positive test for coronavirus, a diagnosis that prompted the debate organizers to shift the event to a virtual format. Trump bristled at the change and refused to participate in the debate.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/climate-change-race-and-covid-on-the-agenda-for-final-presidential-debate/ar-BB1a6AsU?li=BBnb7Kz

This ought to be good. Trumplethinskin will jump up and down and whine that global warming is fake while claiming he's done a great job with COVID-19 and race relations.

6 replies, 647 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Climate change, race and Covid on the agenda for final presidential debate (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 16 OP
msongs Oct 16 #1
MFM008 Oct 16 #2
NRaleighLiberal Oct 16 #3
lark Oct 17 #4
Paladin Oct 17 #5
BlueIdaho Oct 17 #6

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 08:26 PM

1. all trump will talk about is hunter biden nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 08:28 PM

2. he will be desperate

Hunter, Hunter, Hunter, blah blah interrupt.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 08:43 PM

3. so, a hoax, a hoax and not an issue to him

Joe will wipe the floor with him. trump will emerge once again as ludicrous

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 11:20 AM

4. I am strongly considering avoiding this shitshow.

I know that is all it will be, a manic criminal traitor yelling and lying non-stop and ad nauseum the entire time with Biden barely getting a word in. I got so upset and hyper last time, it took me forever to get to sleep. I was literally shaking, I was so angry. Now, I did make a mistake and have a cup of coffee at 7:30 because I wanted to be able to watch all of it and I also had a toke of sativa. Normally, I think that would be fine, but not when I'm anxious and agitated. So, not doing that would enable me to deal better, but still do I want to hear him and see him when I know I won't be able to hear Biden say much and everything drumpf says will be such hate filled lies.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 11:25 AM

5. Think of all the lying and deflecting trump will have to do.

Provided he shows up at all.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 11:29 AM

6. VP Biden should not be in the same room with Typhoid Trump.

Itís going to be a non-stop smear fest with the jabbering out of control Aderall snorting buffoon.

No way in hell Iím watching that shitshow.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread