HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Exclusive: Internal docum...

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 09:58 AM

Exclusive: Internal documents show officials waved red flags before Trump's Tulsa rally

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by applegrove (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: The Hill

Oklahoma health officials raised red flags before President Trump’s indoor rally in June, warning there could be significant spikes of coronavirus cases and deaths from the event, according to internal state documents.

Dozens of emails obtained by The Hill through a state freedom of information request reveal growing angst within the Oklahoma public health department in the days leading up to the June 20 rally.

Aaron Wendelboe, who at the time was the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s epidemiologist, sent one email titled: “How strongly do I speak out?”

“I am concerned that the mass indoor gathering in Tulsa of 19,000 people will directly lead to deaths in Oklahoma,” Wendelboe stated in the email, which has not previously been reported. “As the state epidemiologist, I feel I have a responsibility to speak out and warn of the estimated risk.”

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/516605-exclusive-internal-documents-show-officials-waved-red-flags-before-trumps

4 replies, 1378 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Exclusive: Internal documents show officials waved red flags before Trump's Tulsa rally (Original post)
brooklynite Wednesday OP
redstatebluegirl Wednesday #1
czarjak Wednesday #2
Major Nikon Wednesday #3
applegrove Wednesday #4

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 10:02 AM

1. Our illustrious governor would never have let that get out.

He kisses Trumps butt every single day, he is a stupid businessman just like his idol.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

2. You weren't talking about the Confederate flag?

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 04:15 PM

3. ...

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 07:02 PM

4. After discussion with hosts ... LOCKING

Alert: analysis

Statement of Purpose

Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.