HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » White Mich. couple arrest...

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 04:00 AM

White Mich. couple arrested after gun pulled on Black family

Source: Associated Press

By COREY WILLIAMS
2 hours ago

A white couple was arrested after at least one handgun was pulled on a Black woman and her daughters during a videotaped confrontation in a restaurant parking lot in Michigan, authorities said Thursday.

Jillian Wuestenberg, 32, and Eric Wuestenberg, 42, were charged Thursday with felonious assault, Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper said in a release. It was not immediately clear when they would be arraigned or if they have attorneys who could comment on the allegations.

Cellphone video captured the confrontation Wednesday outside a Chipotle in Orion Township, about 40 miles (64 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.

Jillian Wuestenberg can be seen outside her vehicle shouting, “Get the (expletive) away! Get away!” while pointing a handgun.

She eventually gets back in her vehicle which is driven away by her husband.

Read more: https://apnews.com/56ad34a86dec4c7e670b9577d916a0d5

Yep, these are the same Trumpies from DUer magicguido's post in Video & Multimedia yesterday.

13 replies, 2809 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Ted Jason (Original post)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 04:22 AM

1. it is sad we have to celebrate that they were actually arrested

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jorgevlorgan (Reply #1)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 10:31 AM

10. You don't.

Unless, perhaps, a gun's pointed at your head.

Reply to this post

Response to Igel (Reply #10)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 12:52 PM

12. the fact that it is improbable for this to happen makes celebrating

A reasonable choice -which is unfortunate for us non psychopaths.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 05:55 AM

2. Good

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 06:54 AM

3. This sort of thing is inevitable when any imbecile can acquire a concealed carry permit, or states

allow open carry of firearms. Additionally, Stand Your Ground laws in many states give these same imbeciles the nonsensical idea they can brandish their guns (and even shoot others) whenever they feel the least bit angry or threatened.

Reply to this post

Response to sop (Reply #3)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 08:04 AM

5. The first screen for a handgun permit should be to prove need.

So many claim they need a gun for protection. Then discover that the ownership of a gun endangers them more than non-ownership.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 07:47 AM

4. Eric is apparently no longer employed by Oakland University

Reply to this post

Response to JustABozoOnThisBus (Reply #4)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 08:32 AM

7. Cop at the presser plays politics.

This but from your link is weird and unprofessional.

Bouchard, a Republican, also went out of his way to make it clear the charge was decided by Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper, a Democrat. He declined to offer any personal opinions of the charges.

Reply to this post

Response to apnu (Reply #7)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 09:27 AM

8. He probably didn't want to annoy the wealthy white residents of Oakland Co. ...

... who keep him in office. As to his opinions, it's professional to keep them to himself. Don't muddy the jury pool waters.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 08:29 AM

6. Why do these people keep ruining their lives by doing stupid...

Last edited Fri Jul 3, 2020, 07:45 PM - Edit history (1)

and, how can one put it any other way, racist things?

The white couple escalated what was a resolvable misunderstanding into a tense, armed assault/brandishing situation—while being videotaped. Don't they know by now about video and the internet?

Now they're looking at assault charges, indictment, court appearances, attorneys' fees, possible jail time, loss of jobs. All unnecessary.

Guess they've watched too many videos of cops escalating similar situations from 0-100 mph in a matter of seconds and think that's the way to handle themselves.

Reply to this post

Response to brush (Reply #6)

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 11:07 AM

11. I often wonder the same thing

someone pull a gun even if they are in the right...they are going to be arrested. almost everyone has an iphone and a gun. so not only can they shoot someone they can be shot and their face is on blast worldwide. then the expense of lawyers and going to jail for 5yrs 10yrs or life...just to stroke the ego of pulling a gun. fear and vanity makes people do stupid things.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 09:27 AM

9. They have a history of intimidation and rudeness

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 3, 2020, 01:55 PM

13. Good advice from the sheriff - I intend to

apply his advice to my life. He stated:

“I would just say this, we are asking and expect our police — and rightfully so — to deescalate every situation they possibly can, and we should be doing that. But I would say that needs to happen with us individually in our own lives and situations, that we interact with each other and deescalate those moments.”

The other day I flipped the bird at someone driving a car who honked at me as I was crossing the street (jaywalking & dawdling). - only realized it was a black lady after she yelled back at me.

I just thought - I really can't be doing that anymore.... even if she was in the wrong (she wasnt really, just too dang impatient imho) there's no sense in creating drama and conflict over nothing.

A lot of us Americans somehow got into this thing where where we have to express ourselves in every situation and every frickin thing is a conflict, no matter how ridiculous. That's got to stop.

EDTA- I dont have agun and would never in a gazillion years brandish or threaten anyone, only intended to illustrate how pervasive conflict is in our society nowadays.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread