HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Cuomo adds 8 more states,...

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 01:44 PM

Cuomo adds 8 more states, including CA, LA, to quarantine list

Source: WXXI News

Governor Andrew Cuomo is adding 8 more states to a travel advisory list for states with high levels of the coronavirus. Visitors from California, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada and Tennessee , will now be required to self quarantine for two weeks.

The new restrictions bring the total number of states included in the travel advisory to 16. New Yorkers who travel to those states will have to self quarantine when they return. The governor also rescinded paid COVID- 19 related sick leave for workers who travel to any of the high virus states on vacation and then have to stay home when they return.

The states join 8 others, including Texas and Florida, and all together represent nearly half of the nationís total population.

All of the states have recorded 10 or more people infected with the virus for every 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or a have a 10% or higher positivity rate over a 7-day period.

Read more: https://www.wxxinews.org/post/cuomo-adds-8-more-states-including-ca-la-quarantine-list

9 replies, 1275 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cuomo adds 8 more states, including CA, LA, to quarantine list (Original post)
brooklynite Jun 30 OP
George II Jun 30 #1
yaesu Jun 30 #2
Evolve Dammit Jun 30 #3
louzke9 Jul 1 #7
Evolve Dammit Jul 1 #8
Steelrolled Jun 30 #6
eilen Jun 30 #4
helpisontheway Jun 30 #5
fleur-de-lisa Jul 1 #9

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 02:16 PM

1. The three allied states, CT/NY/NJ have added those states. Lamont announced it early today.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to George II (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 02:19 PM

2. is just a feel good order, no teeth.

The self-quarantine is voluntary, but compliance is expected.
Individuals who are traveling to New York, New Jersey or Connecticut from impacted states for business are exempt.

Reply to this post

Response to yaesu (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 03:30 PM

3. it's the honor system and not required, which we know will not work for those that don't give a F.

Reply to this post

Response to Evolve Dammit (Reply #3)

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 09:57 AM

7. Correction, States do have

laws that regulate health and public welfare regarding communicable and infectious disease and these CAN include criminal charges, IF states decide (and have the guts) to enforce them. But in most states, violations are considered a misdemeanor. Violation of Federal health codes can result in a $1,000 fine, a year in prison, OR BOTH. Not "toothless" but ALMOST! Time for REFORM! Until then no one will take orders seriously!

Reply to this post

Response to louzke9 (Reply #7)

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 10:56 AM

8. Thank you. We need reform because the shared sacrafice we had in WWII is gone (sadly)

Reply to this post

Response to yaesu (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 11:52 PM

6. More theater

Broadway is closed don't you know.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 06:35 PM

4. Florida still has their quarantine order for people from NY

Basically they had to sign a paper stating they would quarantine. Frankly, I think anyone that would travel interstate while the virus is raging and stay at homeorders are in effect (or should be in effect) is a high risk for non-compliance.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 07:00 PM

5. I did not realize that TN was on the list. Nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 11:01 AM

9. I don't blame him.

I live in New Orleans. We got the virus under control but the rest of my state is a damn mess.

I wish I could keep the rest of Louisianans out of my city!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread