HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Gunmen kill 24 in attack ...

Mon Feb 17, 2020, 08:31 AM

Gunmen kill 24 in attack near church in Burkina Faso

Source: AP

By SAM MEDNICK and ARSENE KABORE

OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso (AP) — Gunmen killed 24 civilians, including a church pastor, and kidnapped three others on Sunday in Burkina Faso, an official said. It was the latest attack against a religious leader in the increasingly unstable West African nation.

The mayor of Boundore commune, Sihanri Osangola Brigadie, said the attack occurred in the town of Pansi in Yagha province. The roughly 20 attackers separated men from women close to a Protestant church. At least 18 other people were injured.

“It hurt me when I saw the people,” Brigadie said after visiting some of the victims in the hospital in Dori town, 180 kilometers (110 miles) from the attack. The gunmen looted oil and rice from shops and forced the three youth they kidnapped to help transport it on their motorbikes, he said.

Both Christians and Muslims were killed before the church was set on fire, said a government security official in Dori who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to the media.

Read more: https://apnews.com/83683091944c433d3731e94350bc56c1

3 replies, 1223 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gunmen kill 24 in attack near church in Burkina Faso (Original post)
Omaha Steve Feb 17 OP
Devil Child Feb 17 #1
Roy Rolling Feb 17 #2
Beacool Feb 18 #3

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Mon Feb 17, 2020, 12:27 PM

1. Yet another disgusting act of terrorism.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 17, 2020, 04:25 PM

2. I saw this hours ago here...

And still only one comment. I think that says it all how we’ve become accustomed to mob violence.

Just a few months ago, this nearly-identical headline was about another church massacre—in El Paso, Texas.

We humans have made a mistake, we’ve fuc*ed up creating civilization. We’re no different than the apes in the first five minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 18, 2020, 02:52 AM

3. Horrible!!!

Sometimes I despair for this world of ours. May the victims rest in peace.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread