HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Dem Senators Demand Barr ...

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 02:44 AM

Dem Senators Demand Barr Resign 'Immediately' After Meddling In Roger Stone Case

Source: TPM

Attorney General William Barr testifies during a House Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Subcommittee hearing on the Department of Justice Budget Request for Fiscal Year 2020 on April 10, 2019. (Photo ... MORE

February 14, 2020 2:41 p.m.

Nine Democratic senators called on Attorney General Bill Barr to resign on Friday over his intervention in ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone’s criminal case to water down federal prosecutors’ recommended prison sentence after President Donald Trump complained about it.

Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Edward Markey (D-MA), Patty Murray (D-WA), Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Mazie Hirono (D-HI) sent Barr a scathing letter ripping the Justice Department’s “unethical political intervention” in the case.

“The interference in this case by you or other senior DOJ officials working under you is a clear violation of your duty to defend fair, impartial, and equal justice for all Americans,” they wrote. “As a result, we call on you to resign immediately.”

The Democrats accused Barr of meddling “in a clearly political fashion” to shield Stone on Trump’s behalf after the political adviser was found guilty of obstructing Congress and witness tampering in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.......................................

Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/dem-senators-demand-barr-resign-immediately-after-meddling-in-roger-stone-case

?s=20

8 replies, 1436 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dem Senators Demand Barr Resign 'Immediately' After Meddling In Roger Stone Case (Original post)
riversedge Saturday OP
mr_lebowski Saturday #1
Hotler Saturday #5
mahina Saturday #2
Kurt V. Saturday #3
2naSalit Saturday #4
lindysalsagal Saturday #6
beachbumbob Saturday #7
mpcamb Saturday #8

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 02:49 AM

1. Kinda disappointed to not see either CA senator on the list ...

Not that Barr will do anything with this letter ... other than maybe use it for TP ...

I do appreciate the effort by these 9 however.

And I hope he knows that this will go down on his PERMANENT record.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 09:49 AM

5. I'm disapointed that all the democrat senators didn't sign it. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 03:14 AM

2. Impeach Barr !

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 04:11 AM

3. only nine?

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 09:38 AM

4. Maybe needs a dedicated protest march. ...nt

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 12:01 PM

6. Bout time.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 12:14 PM

7. why not start impeachment process?

Reply to this post

Response to beachbumbob (Reply #7)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 01:00 PM

8. That's a better avenue. Calling trump appointed rats might get blocked, but

Gov't lifers will come forward. Public servants will respond like they did in the House hearings.

It'll keep the truth coming out, it'll show the trump rats in the worst light (rats hate light), more people will reach an "I've had enough" moment.

Unfortunately the best tools we have are the House, investigations, relentless pursuit and the truth. Keep pounding away, Dems.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread