HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Dutch Trump fan says mess...

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:30 AM

Dutch Trump fan says messages about U.S. ambassador's movements were sent in jest

Source: Washington Post

A Dutch supporter of President Trump said Saturday that he supplied a Republican candidate with purported intelligence on the movements of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine last year, taking responsibility for text messages that raised concerns the diplomat was placed under surveillance.

But the supporter, Anthony De Caluwe, said in a statement that he was not involved in any surveillance of then-Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, and that the messages were merely “ridiculous banter” with the congression­al candidate, Robert F. Hyde, who in recent days became entangled in the impeachment case against Trump.

“My engagement in this exchange with Rob is something that has no credibility,” De Caluwe said in the statement, which was emailed to The Washington Post by a spokeswoman. The spokeswoman, Karyn Turk, said that De Caluwe had never been to Ukraine and had no contacts in the country.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/dutch-trump-fan-says-messages-about-us-ambassadors-movements-were-sent-in-jest/2020/01/18/31eff67e-3a20-11ea-a01d-b7cc8ec1a85d_story.html

So yeah, all these Trump supporters are such a laugh riot. Caluwe seems to live in Florida. Can we kick him out of the country for making threats against a US ambassador?

35 replies, 2614 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 35 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dutch Trump fan says messages about U.S. ambassador's movements were sent in jest (Original post)
lanlady Jan 19 OP
tanyev Jan 19 #1
usaf-vet Jan 19 #22
mr_lebowski Jan 19 #2
bucolic_frolic Jan 19 #3
paleotn Jan 19 #4
Botany Jan 19 #5
lanlady Jan 19 #6
dalton99a Jan 19 #12
KPN Jan 19 #20
Botany Jan 19 #23
SWBTATTReg Jan 19 #26
Bernardo de La Paz Jan 19 #21
mitch96 Jan 19 #7
ResistantAmerican17 Jan 19 #8
turbinetree Jan 19 #9
Pantagruel Jan 19 #10
TruckFump Jan 19 #11
Bradical79 Jan 19 #17
TruckFump Jan 19 #19
lanlady Jan 19 #13
Mc Mike Jan 19 #14
JustABozoOnThisBus Jan 19 #15
Turbineguy Jan 19 #16
deurbano Jan 19 #18
Takket Jan 19 #24
LastLiberal in PalmSprings Jan 19 #29
Evolve Dammit Jan 19 #25
rockfordfile Jan 19 #27
Beartracks Jan 19 #28
Kid Berwyn Jan 19 #30
gembaby1 Jan 19 #31
Progressive Jones Jan 19 #32
truthisfreedom Jan 20 #33
Hugin Jan 20 #34
AllaN01Bear Jan 20 #35

Response to lanlady (Original post)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:35 AM

1. Stalking people. It's hilarious!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tanyev (Reply #1)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 03:39 PM

22. Simple test. I'm sure the ambassorors security knew where she was every minute of everyday.

Compare her/their schedule and locations against the Lev Parnas text messages. If they are close to matching up. That is or should be good enough for anyone but a brain dead tRumpster.

I live in an area where our lakes freeze solid in the winter solid enough that by 3rd week in January you can drive a pickup on it.
We ice fish out there. With the advent of civilian handheld GPS which we carry to mark good spots. We also get deep snow. Right now the lake has at least a foot of snow on the ice. From one day or one week, or one year later we can approach with 10-15 feet each day to that "hot spot". The degree of accuracy with a military/government GPS unit. I would guess you can get within a foot or two.

MY point is her securing force should have known with extreme accuracy exactly where she was. A visual observer from a distance may be able to say she is getting in or out of a car on a given street. Whereas the government model could track her into a building and locate the room and floor level.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:39 AM

2. In other words everyone Hyde knew ... knew he was tailing the ambassador

Hence this dude knowing that the subject was one to joke around with him about.

If Hyde wasn't doing so, how would this Dutch guy know to make jokes about it?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:43 AM

3. Remote political fantasy swatting

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:48 AM

4. So surveilling a US Ambassador wasn't surveilling a US Ambassador. It was a joke?

Sorry, little Dutch boy, but that dog just won't hunt.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:53 AM

5. So a man in Florida of Dutch ancestry was joking on line with a landscaper Connecticut ...

... who is running for congress about the U.S. ambassador to the Ukraine and those jokes
matched up exactly to the actions of Rudy G., Lev Parnas, and Sec. of State Pompeo?

Reply to this post

Response to Botany (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:59 AM

6. To quote from A Fish Called Wanda

"Why, everybody does in America"

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 03:03 PM

20. Exactly. The tRump nation assumes his followers

aren’t smart enough to actually realize this or they just don’t care because their white male supremacy is more important than the frigging Constitution. These supporters are the same folks who don’t want to see policy or law that regulates capitalism because they don’t want to see their chances of also becoming a billionaire as opposed to the hired long-haul truck driver, timber faller or used car salesman be limited either — as if that’s a possibility. In short, these people — magats — are either stupid or nuts.

Reply to this post

Response to KPN (Reply #20)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 03:41 PM

23. One of the worst things to ever happen to America was Reagan's getting rid of the fairness ...

... doctrine which in turn gave rise to Fox News, Rush, News Max, and so on whose sole purpose
is to lie to the American people, brain wash them, and remove any sort of critical thinking and
replace it with right wing/Evangelical nut job crap. This made up cover story is bull shit from the
get go but people will buy it.

BTW Did you know that Hillary had somebody killed in order to hide Bill's cocaine ring?

Reply to this post

Response to KPN (Reply #20)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 04:03 PM

26. And a sad thing about this wingnuts is that the only law that pertains to them is one that they...

make up or interpret themselves, and that's it. A law unto themselves. Scary. Not just stupid or nuts. Scary. They don't hesitate about trampling on the rights of others, but sure raise heck when it suits them.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 03:37 PM

21. Florida, hunh? Has he been coordinating at imMoral-Lago?

Or Robert Kraft's "massage" parlour?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 12:16 PM

7. This is a typical response from a gaslighting bully

Hey..... It was only a joke! lighten up! can't you take a little "ribbing".
High school bullshit... Bully's always do this when they get caught...... ufff
m

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 12:23 PM

8. If I had a nickel for every time I've joked

Or even thought about spying on a US diplomat I wouldn’t have one single nickel.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 12:29 PM

9. Fuck him....................and his enabling BS..................LOCK HIM UP...................

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 12:32 PM

10. Timelines

Do DeCaluwe texted info match up with Amb. actual movements?
Doubtful he could guess her whereabouts from 1000's miles away?

Reply to this post

Response to Pantagruel (Reply #10)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 12:58 PM

11. That was my first thought when I read about this.

If the messages match the actions of the Amb, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Reply to this post

Response to TruckFump (Reply #11)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 01:54 PM

17. Yeah. I did briefly wonder briefly if it could be fake.

As in a scam being run on Trump's other idiots. These guys are mostly all idiotic backstabbing amatuerish crooks, but in the end I don't think that makes mich sense.

If it matches up with actual movements and actions, then it's obviously true, which is what I think. I don't think she'd have been rushed out for her own safety by security if they didn't have real reason. And they'd have no reason to be talking with each other about the ambassador's movements, even jokenly, if there weren't an attempt to track her. The story hadn't broken yet, as she was still there, so they were obviously in this up to their eyebrows.

Reply to this post

Response to Bradical79 (Reply #17)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 02:50 PM

19. I totally agree with you.

It it were some joke or kidding around, IMO there would not be clear matches with her actions. There was some reason they hauled her out of there in a huge hurry. I am betting that this was not joke.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 01:05 PM

14. No doubt Rump and Hyde know Dutch nazis, but why should anyone believe anything

said by any dutch nazi buddy of liars like Rump and Hyde?

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 01:34 PM

15. You think THAT's funny? You oughta try defenestration. ...

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 01:50 PM

16. I'm Dutch

Some of the most ardent Nazis where Dutch. But there were few. All nations produce assholes.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 02:18 PM

18. Yet another sleazy First Crime Family adjacent character (with several aliases)

This guy, whatever his name and nationality (I’ve seen Belgian and South American, in addition to Dutch) is a very shady character (what a surprise), with several aliases. How were these lowlifes in a position to be “joking” about a situation the rest of us knew nothing about? I mean, they obviously aren’t policy experts, but they are close enough to the First Crime Family to get all those selfies… (And AKA Anthony's "spokesperson" has just been sentenced for stealing her dying mother's Social Security checks; there is is no bottom...)

These are some aliases:

<Anthony deCaluwe aka Anthony deCal aka Anthony Heavenrich aka Antonius Richard de Caluwe Hemelrijk aka Anthony Calloway…>>

Here is some scam he was involved in in 2014:
https://www.complaintsboard.com/damar-global-investment-group-re-i-am-a-private-investor-and-a-private-loan-lender-c692066

<<Whistle Down The Wind Mar 20, 2014
I am in complete agreement with the complaint. In fact the more I look at the names of Rea and Kalpoe and also their other south American partner Anthony Heavenrich, who uses a fake (Testudo) bank, it is obvious that they are using real and legitimate business men, and their contacts and copies of their details in order to make approaches to these same people to scam money!

I saw one instance where they tried to fake a connection to Deutsche Bank so they could scam $10 million of some poor sucker...makes you wonder how many lives they have destroyed through these activities!!>>

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 03:48 PM

24. yeah sure............

i go to the ukraine all the time and just randomly joke with my friends online about stalking an ambassador who, coincidence just might have it, happens to be a bee in the bonnet of the president. but yeah, TOTALLY random happenstance.

Reply to this post

Response to Takket (Reply #24)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 08:04 PM

29. Joking about stalking a U.S. ambassador is a favorite pastime in Ukraine.

Fat Donnie's favorite pastime is joking with his rich friends at Mar-A-Lago about how he assassinated a man who was not an imminent threat to the U.S., and was now telling them more than he told Congress. It's a laugh a minute.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 03:53 PM

25. We do it all the time. Get over it. Just for kicks. This needs a thorough investigation.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 04:05 PM

27. They got caught in attempt to murder a American

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 04:34 PM

28. "Russia, if you're listening..."

Trump thought that was a funny joje, too, BECAUSE HE KNEW RUSSIA WAS INDEED LISTENING. That's what made it funny to him.

==========

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 08:16 PM

30. That explains it. Case closed!

Reply to this post

Response to Kid Berwyn (Reply #30)

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 09:46 PM

31. These people

I hope you guys get through this damn trial with your sanity still intact. 🤡🤮

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 19, 2020, 11:27 PM

32. Dutch Boy here is full of crap. nt

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 08:48 AM

34. Guess what...

It's still a crime to threaten a Federal Employee... Even in jest.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 09:52 AM

35. their so called "jokes" arnt.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread