HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Jon Huntsman launches ano...

Thu Nov 14, 2019, 12:20 PM

Jon Huntsman launches another run for Utah governor

Source: Politico

Jon Huntsman, the former Utah governor, one-time presidential candidate and ambassador to China and Russia, announced Thursday he will run for governor again in 2020.

Huntsman, a Republican who most recently served as President Donald Trump's ambassador to Russia, made the announcement Thursday morning on KSL Radio.

"We are so very honored and humbled to announce my candidacy for governor of the greatest state in America," Huntsman said, sitting with his wife, former Utah first lady Mary Kay Huntsman, at a hotel in southwestern Utah.

Huntsman served as governor from 2005 to 2009. He was seen as a likely 2012 presidential candidate before resigning to become then-President Barack Obama's ambassador to China.

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/14/jon-huntsman-launches-another-run-for-utah-governor-070899

2 replies, 631 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jon Huntsman launches another run for Utah governor (Original post)
brooklynite Nov 14 OP
OhNo-Really Nov 14 #1
Wellstone ruled Nov 14 #2

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Thu Nov 14, 2019, 12:41 PM

1. Beating Romney's son to the punch!

Yes, the Romney’s built a couple of adjacent mansions in Salt Lake City’s swankiest Private neighborhood just after Mitts 2012 defeat. One has a “Rose Garden-like” walkway.

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=57030430&itype=CMSID

A dynasty move imho

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Thu Nov 14, 2019, 01:14 PM

2. Sorry to say,I told you so.

Nothing happens in Utah without a Temple Square approval. Got to keep the Sheeple pacified. Tons of angst within the ranks,defections from the GOP needed addressing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread