HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Publisher: Record number ...

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 02:51 PM

Publisher: Record number of pre-orders for 'Anonymous' book

Source: The Hill

A Warning," a book written by an anonymous author who has served as a senior official in the Trump administration, has broken the pre-order record for Hachette Book Group.

According to the publisher, the book by the nameless author has "more pre-orders than any other nonfiction book at any imprint in the history of Hachette," CNN reports.

The book, which will be released next week, is written by the same author who wrote an anonymous op-ed in The New York Times last year, and the publisher says it gives an in-depth look at the inner workings of the Trump White House.

Since the book was announced last month, "A Warning" has hovered around the top of Amazon's best-seller list, where it currently sits in second.

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/470096-anonymous-writers-book-hits-record-number-of-pre-orders-publisher

6 replies, 764 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Publisher: Record number of pre-orders for 'Anonymous' book (Original post)
brooklynite Nov 12 OP
dewsgirl Nov 12 #1
brooklynite Nov 12 #2
dewsgirl Nov 12 #3
brooklynite Nov 12 #4
dewsgirl Nov 12 #5
riversedge Nov 12 #6

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 02:55 PM

1. I have preordered on Audible.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dewsgirl (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 02:57 PM

2. Who will be orating?

Reply to this post

Response to brooklynite (Reply #2)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 03:01 PM

3. Good question, I hadn't thought that one through. I would pay

extra for Maddow to narrate.
Hell, I would pay her to follow me around and narrate my life.

Reply to this post

Response to dewsgirl (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 03:17 PM

4. "Narrated by Robert Fass"

A two-time Audie Award winner, veteran actor Robert Fass is equally at home in a wide variety of styles, genres, characters, and dialects. An eight-time Audie nominee with over 125 unabridged audiobooks to his credit, Robert has also earned multiple Earphones Awards. In addition, his work was listed among AudioFile's Best Audiobooks of the Year in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Robert has given voice to modern and classic fiction writers alike, including Ray Bradbury, John Steinbeck, Carlos Fuentes, Jeffrey Deaver, and Nele Neuhaus, plus bestselling nonfiction works in history, politics, health, journalism, philosophy, and business.

Reply to this post

Response to brooklynite (Reply #4)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 03:23 PM

5. Thank you.

Reply to this post

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue Nov 12, 2019, 07:04 PM

6. kick.

Reply to this post