HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » House calls on Russia to ...

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 05:51 PM

House calls on Russia to release Paul Whelan or else provide evidence of wrongdoing

Source: The HIll

The resolution, spearheaded by Rep. Haley Stevens (D-Mich.), includes language calling for Russia to “provide unrestricted consular access to Paul Whelan while he remains in detention” and ensure due process. It also “expresses sympathy” to Whelan’s family.

The measure calls for President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to up pressure on the Russian government to ensure a transparent judicial process is provided.

“By bringing up my resolution today, H.Res. 552, we are making clear to the Russian government and President Putin that Congress will not tolerate the indefinite detention of a U.S. Citizen without evidence,” Stevens said on the floor.

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/467003-house-calls-on-russia-to-release-paul-whelan-or-else-provide-evidence-of

It takes a democrat to do what is patriotic for current and former members of our military and their families.

Where are the republicans? Attempting to pass symbolic measures against democrats.

3 replies, 856 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply House calls on Russia to release Paul Whelan or else provide evidence of wrongdoing (Original post)
ffr Oct 22 OP
dewsgirl Oct 22 #1
keithbvadu2 Oct 22 #2
Firestorm49 Oct 22 #3

Response to ffr (Original post)

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 06:09 PM

1. Holy cow, he is still there? I remember him from around

New Year's day. I assumed it was a setup at the time. I forgot all about him.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 06:11 PM

2. American Detained in Moscow Also Has British, Irish and Canadian Passports

American Detained in Moscow Also Has British, Irish and Canadian Passports

(This guy is quite a story on his own)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/us/politics/paul-whelan-spy-citizenship.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytpolitics

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 07:33 PM

3. Here here!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread