HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Mar-a-Lago Won't Host Ant...

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 03:09 PM

Mar-a-Lago Won't Host Anti-Muslim Group's Gala, Trump Organization Says

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: New York Times

An anti-Muslim organization had planned to host its annual gala next month at Mar-a-Lago, President Trump’s private club in Palm Beach, Fla., before an apparent reversal on Sunday, a day after news reports appeared about the event.

The group, ACT for America, claims to be the nation’s largest grass-roots national security organization, and is considered the largest anti-Muslim group in the United States, according to the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks such groups. Michelle Malkin, a conservative columnist, author and television commentator, had been the planned keynote speaker, according to an invitation that was posted on the organization’s website.

On Sunday, the invitation was removed from the website and a spokeswoman for the Trump Organization said in an email, without elaboration, “This event will absolutely not be taking place at Mar-a-Lago.” She did not respond to additional questions and organizers of the event could not be reached.

Ms. Malkin said on Twitter on Monday, “I am disappointed at the cancellation of my 11/7 speech at ACT for America’s annual banquet, but I will not be deterred.” She added: “There is a chilling ‘cancel culture’ campaign being waged against patriotic journalists & activists, and apparently, not even Mar-a-Lago is a safe space.”

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/05/us/anti-muslim-mar-a-lago.html

That's a name I haven't heard slime the airwaves in awhile.

3 replies, 480 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mar-a-Lago Won't Host Anti-Muslim Group's Gala, Trump Organization Says (Original post)
BumRushDaShow Oct 7 OP
brewens Oct 7 #1
Initech Oct 7 #2
OKNancy Oct 7 #3

Response to BumRushDaShow (Original post)

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 03:17 PM

1. When your keynote speaker is Michelle Malkin, you aren't that big of a deal. That probably won't

cost Trump even one vote. The event was probably going to bomb anyway, and Trumps people realized they wouldn't get paid. That's not okay when someone does it to Trump.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brewens (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 03:49 PM

2. Probably there would be more people outside than inside.

Response to BumRushDaShow (Original post)

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 04:54 PM

3. Oops way more than 12 hours old - locking

Published date was Oct 5