HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » NASCAR shocks gun industr...

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 12:02 AM

NASCAR shocks gun industry as it appears to block some firearm ads

Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)NASCAR rejected advertisements for its souvenir programs from multiple firearms companies earlier this summer as part of what is being seen as a "gradual shift" in its position on guns.

The move may be another example of how major companies are adjusting as the nation grapples with guns in America.

While the move did not get widespread notice, NASCAR'S apparent shift stunned gun enthusiasts who said there is a large overlap between NASCAR fans and gun owners, and left some in the firearms industry questioning why NASCAR's viewpoint has shifted and where the racing organization now stands on Second Amendment issues.

"They've got the drivers shooting off blanks in the winner's circle. It doesn't make any sense," David Dolbee, the general manager for K-Var Corp., a large distributor of firearms, which submitted an advertisement that was rejected featuring an AK-47 and various accessories.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/13/politics/nascar-bans-gun-ads-souvenir-program/

5 replies, 1196 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply NASCAR shocks gun industry as it appears to block some firearm ads (Original post)
Julian Englis Sep 14 OP
jmowreader Sep 14 #1
khankiso Sep 14 #4
jmowreader Sep 14 #5
dweller Sep 14 #2
Sherman A1 Sep 14 #3

Response to Julian Englis (Original post)

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 12:29 AM

1. Really, David?

I have watched a bunch of races and attended two. I have NEVER seen anyone firing guns in the winner's circle. They drink beer in the winner's circle - Coors, the official beer of NASCAR, unless a team is sponsored by a different beer company. Beer and guns don't go together.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jmowreader (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 09:34 AM

4. Really

They do at 1 race the 1 in Texas

Reply to this post

Response to khankiso (Reply #4)

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 10:19 AM

5. Okay, thanks...

I havenít watched that one. Texas Motor Speedway was built during the 1.5-mile-trioval building boom, so I donít pay it much mind.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 02:38 AM

2. oh my !1!

all that testosterone and bullets ... major fail

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 14, 2019, 06:19 AM

3. It's a start

But, just a start.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread