HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Canadian Inspector Reveal...

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 01:41 AM

Canadian Inspector Reveals Bolton's Involvement in Money Laundering

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Omaha Steve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Iran Front Page

Senior Canadian law enforcement agent from the Toronto Police Drug Squad, Donald Belanger, reported that Canada Border Services Agency has on July 20 seized a cargo of imported Pakistani clothes impregnated with a significant amount of opium, owned by Toronto-based company “Luna International”, owned by Ali Vakili, an Iranian residing in Concord, Ontario.

“Police investigations show Luna and its CEO are accused of laundering and transferring dirty money between Canada and some European countries, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United States,” Belanger has said in a thread on his Twitter account.

Vakili, Luna’s CEO, is “also associated with corrupt politicians and some criminal gangs,” the Canadian agent noted.

According to Belanger, there is also evidence that Ali Vakili has in 2016 transferred a sum of $350,000 to the account of Jennifer Sarah Bolton, John Bolton’s daughter, through Habib Bank of Zurich.

The police agent has even attached a copy of a SWIFT invoice that reveals Luna’s links with the Boltons.

Read more: https://ifpnews.com/exclusive/canadian-inspector-reveals-boltons-involvement-in-money-laundering/

This is single sourced and I'm not sure how reliable Iranian papers are, but this does not surprise me.

5 replies, 2879 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Canadian Inspector Reveals Bolton's Involvement in Money Laundering (Original post)
WhiteTara Aug 6 OP
Jopin Klobe Aug 6 #1
brush Aug 6 #2
Ford_Prefect Aug 6 #3
groundloop Aug 6 #4
Omaha Steve Aug 6 #5

Response to WhiteTara (Original post)

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 02:54 AM

1. Oh, please ...

... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... PLEASE!!! ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... please ... ... ...

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT

... Godfrackerljammajakcranstopplemammyjammer! ... just found out

... "Toronto Police just confirmed to me that this is not an authentic account."
[link:
|

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jopin Klobe (Reply #1)

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 03:33 AM

2. Well this needs to be taken down then...if it's not true.

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 08:25 AM

3. Fake News? I can find no reference to this alleged story in Toronto print media.

I don't know the IFPNews but I have seen the Toronto papers. No reference in Ottowa press either.

The has the hallmarks of a planted story. No other mainstream source has published it and no local source has (Toronto and Ottowa). I have difficulty imagining that such a situation would occur without local coverage: ie a local firm with connections to Pakistan is accused of drug smuggling by the Toronto police.

I believe this thread should be locked and removed as fake news.

Response to Ford_Prefect (Reply #3)

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 08:44 AM

4. Yep, always best to deal with confirmable facts

And yes, it reeks of a planted story.

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 09:01 AM

5. After a review by forum hosts....LOCKING

Unreliable source.