HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trump's racist screed aga...

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:57 AM

Trump's racist screed against Omar was scripted and came off the teleprompter: CNN's Camerota

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Yonnie3 (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: raw story

Published 9 mins ago on July 18, 2019

Appearing on CNN’s “New Day,” New York Times White House correspondent Maggie Haberman revealed that American can expect more bashing of non-white lawmakers like Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from now to election day in 2020 because Donald Trump’s campaign is going to be all about race.

Responding to the president’s rally in North Carolina that even CNN’s chyron referred to as “ugly,” the journalist said the Trump’s campaign has flipped from touting the economy to one that is race-based — and it is all because of Trump’s racist tweets from last Sunday.

With host Alisyn Camerota noting that Trump’s Wednesday night comments on Omar — that led to an appalling “Send her back” chant from the crowd — were read straight from the teleprompter, and not off-the-cuff, Haberman said this is the first wave of Trump’s revved-up campaign for re-election.

“What happened last night at the rally was so instructive, I think,” host Camerota began. “He was going after these congresswomen in incendiary ways, and it was on teleprompter — he wasn’t just riffing. That means the incendiary stuff was written down, and that means they thought about it because it is a campaign strategy.”

Watch below:..........................................

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/trumps-racist-screed-against-omar-was-scripted-and-came-off-the-teleprompter-cnns-camerota/#.XTBlgq6DUeE.twitter

There are worse tweets from Trump fans or trolls at the twitter link. Horrible. Trump really is putting Rep Omar's life in danger.

‏ @mikefarb1 7h7 hours ago

Immediately following this disgusting event Twitter lit up in Hate. A majority of what I am posting are Fake Accounts boosting his messaging. Make no mistake there are plenty of real accounts contributing to this. This platform has no safeguards. It's a Petri Dish for this Virus.
5 replies 156 retweets 456 likes

MikeFarb
‏ @mikefarb1
7h7 hours ago

I post this with a heavy heart. It is important for all of us to see what we are facing. It is important to know that as the GOP backs this guy real lives are in danger. It is important to know that this platform is dangerous. It is important to know that our time to act is now
3 replies 126 retweets 389 likes

MikeFarb @mikefarb1
7h7 hours ago

We will be scouring and reporting as many of these accounts as we can find through the night. We can't just wish this away anymore. We can't just tweet about it. We can't put it all on our politicians to fix. We are what we have. We need to take this fight head on.

20 replies, 2012 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's racist screed against Omar was scripted and came off the teleprompter: CNN's Camerota (Original post)
riversedge Jul 18 OP
DemoTex Jul 18 #1
Bernardo de La Paz Jul 18 #7
Rene Jul 18 #2
cyndensco Jul 18 #6
The Velveteen Ocelot Jul 18 #3
pazzyanne Jul 18 #8
machoneman Jul 18 #10
dalton99a Jul 18 #16
yaesu Jul 18 #4
no_hypocrisy Jul 18 #5
C_U_L8R Jul 18 #9
PatSeg Jul 18 #11
machoneman Jul 18 #12
riversedge Jul 18 #14
PatSeg Jul 18 #17
Grins Jul 18 #13
Everyman Jackal Jul 18 #15
JustABozoOnThisBus Jul 18 #18
babylonsister Jul 18 #19
Yonnie3 Jul 18 #20

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:02 AM

1. Fee, fi, foe, fum ..

I smell that Miller bum.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DemoTex (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:42 AM

7. It stinks. . . . nt

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:04 AM

2. Did you hear the lone female voice that started that chant last night? the awful cheerleader

Response to Rene (Reply #2)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:39 AM

6. Perhaps she was a plant?

trump does like to choreograph his shit.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:12 AM

3. Stephen Miller wrote that speech, wanna bet?

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:51 AM

8. Not me, I only make bets I know I can win!

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 10:10 AM

10. Yes, Miller did write it I'm sure and has been doing so for some time. Many....

have commented that Trumpy's most recent anti-squad tweets were too clear, used big words, and actually flowed way too well for the shirt-fingered vulgarian to have done so himself.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:37 PM

16. I wouldn't doubt that one bit

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:15 AM

4. putin feeding him garbage to use via another cambridge analytica no doubt. nt

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:18 AM

5. What the ultimate goal of racism by Trump is:

voter suppression of non-whites, for fear of their safety and/or lives and that of their families and communities.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 10:02 AM

9. Did the mob get cue cards?

Are there paid fluffers in the crowd to instigate the hate chants?

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 10:23 AM

11. And that means

it will probably get much worse. If Trump thinks something is working with his demented base, he'll just double down. If it upsets rationale people, more the reason to escalate the tactic.

Unfortunately for Trump, that won't stop people from talking about Epstein, underage girls, and rape.

Response to PatSeg (Reply #11)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 11:09 AM

12. Worse indeed. Yet, he's making a rookie mistake in not expanding his base of actual voters (not just

followers). Alienating now any and all non-whites, women, young folks, college-educated whites, choice advocates, equal pay advocates and more, he's likely losing actual vote totals across the board. More importantly, in critical non-Southern states like PA, IN, MI. WI and more, he's most assuredly lost way more than that 100,000 voters that Hillary would have won the EC vote with.

Further, the ageing of the voting population in red states means that through death, fewer elderly Trump voters will be around for the next election. Heck, even in these states the young folks, racist though many may be (thanks Mom & Dad, you assholes!) they typically don't vote at all.

Response to machoneman (Reply #12)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:28 PM

14. Trump is behind in WI from the last poll I saw. Past time-and gawd, sure hope it holds.

Response to machoneman (Reply #12)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 03:41 PM

17. Very good points

Trump is not a natural politician. He is a promoter and con artist and doesn't understand you have to pull in more voters. Meanwhile, even though he still has a hardcore base, he is losing a lot of 2016 Trump voters who have been affected by his policies or are fed up with his ridiculous behavior. And like you said, a lot of his voters are dying off!

Maybe he thinks that Putin will come to the rescue and steal another election for him.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:36 PM

13. So, written by the pathologically-vindictive and stunningly cruel sociopath, Stephen Miller...

The guy who put the word "carnage" into an inaugural speech

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:35 PM

15. It is Articles of Impeachment now

not just for Trump. If not, non-White Democrats are going to die. Then the White Democrats are going to die. This has got to end now. Do not impeach him yet string it out but impeach others. Otherwise, there will not be elections in 2024. Every time he holds a rally now will make him stronger and stronger.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 04:11 PM

18. I'm sure it was scripted. He couldn't have thought it up. And then ...

... it was probably audience-tested by Cambridge Analytica to measure its projected effectiveness.

"Send her Back" ... "Send her Home". Which plays better? Then update the teleprompter.

Maybe Leni Riefenstahl has a lasting influence.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 05:25 PM

19. kick! I'm sharing this everywhere I can lest anyone fall for

the orange shitgibbon's lies.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:15 PM

20. Locking after a review by Forum Hosts

This piece is opinion and analysis.