HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » The USDA Wants To Kick Mi...

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 01:16 PM

The USDA Wants To Kick Mixed-Status Immigrant Families Out Of Their Homes

Source: Vice News

WASHINGTON — Months after the Department of Housing and Urban Development proposed terminating federal housing assistance for “mixed-status” immigrant families, another agency is planning on doing the same thing.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is preparing to roll out an identical rule change for its Rural Housing Service, which manages over 415,000 units of subsidized low-income housing, sources close to the agency tell VICE News.

Like HUD, the agency plans to end eligibility for its program for families where one or more members are undocumented. Under the proposed rule change, families with members that do not have residency or citizenship documents would lose their homes.

The USDA’s program is one of several geared toward revitalizing rural communities and boosting residency in sparsely populated areas. It serves low-income families, many of whom are seniors or who have disabilities. Rural Housing Service also offers direct home loan programs, and subsidizes about 1,000 properties used to house farm laborers.

Read more: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/3k399v/the-usda-wants-to-kick-mixedstatus-immigrant-families-out-of-their-homes?utm_source=vicenewstwitter

8 replies, 1513 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply The USDA Wants To Kick Mixed-Status Immigrant Families Out Of Their Homes (Original post)
demmiblue Jul 15 OP
Wellstone ruled Jul 15 #1
dalton99a Jul 15 #2
CrispyQ Jul 15 #3
atreides1 Jul 15 #6
Firestorm49 Jul 15 #4
jeffreyi Jul 15 #5
Applegate Jul 15 #7
Nitram Jul 16 #8

Response to demmiblue (Original post)

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 01:24 PM

1. BTW,this will effect

thousands of Couple here in Vegas.. Last stats showed we have the highest per capita number of Families in the US in this Group. Clark County Nevada is home to the largest group of mixed Couple families living in Public Supported Housing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 01:25 PM

2. Kick

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 01:26 PM

3. Some of the cruelest assholes on the planet have hijacked our government with the aid

of a significant number of our fellow citizens. For the most part I was able to keep politics out of my personal relationships during the Bush years, even though some days it was very difficult, like the day the Abu Ghraib photos came out. But this one's going to leave a mark. There are some people in my life that I will never look at the same again.

Reply to this post

Response to CrispyQ (Reply #3)

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 02:54 PM

6. They didn't hijack anything!!!

It was given to them by millions of American voters with a little help from Russian hacks!!

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 01:29 PM

4. Here come the Brown Shirts. Vengeance before any attempt at real policy.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 02:49 PM

5. Great.

Another kick in the slats for rural areas. Which are declining, for lots of reasons.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 04:58 PM

7. These people are such hateful assholes.

They make me ashamed of my country.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 16, 2019, 04:55 PM

8. I can't help it. This vividly brings to mind racist Nazi policies and actions.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread