HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Chinese woman at Mar-a-La...

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 04:19 PM

Chinese woman at Mar-a-Lago indicted on 2 charges

Source: Associated Press

Updated 2:48 pm CDT, Friday, April 12, 2019

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) A Chinese woman recently arrested at President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club has been charged with unlawful entry of restricted buildings and making false statements.

The charges against 32-year-old Yujing Zhang are contained in an indictment filed in federal court in South Florida on Friday.

Zhang faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted of the false statements count. If convicted of unlawful entry, she faces a maximum sentence of a year in prison and a $1,000 fine.

Secret Service agents arrested Zhang two weeks ago after they say she gained admission to Mar-a-Lago by falsely telling a checkpoint she was a member. Prosecutors say she was carrying computer malware and an electronic device that detects hidden cameras.

Read more: https://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Chinese-woman-at-Mar-a-Lago-indicted-on-2-charges-13763433.php

(Short article, no more at link.)

2 replies, 920 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chinese woman at Mar-a-Lago indicted on 2 charges (Original post)
Judi Lynn Friday OP
shanny Friday #1
displacedtexan Friday #2

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 04:59 PM

1. I wonder if this is a preliminary charge

to keep her in custody while they investigate further.

I gotta say, given what I've heard about slap dash security as Mar-a-Lago, I'm not surprised the head of the SS was fired, or the need for additional investigation.. Or maybe I should say I wouldn't be surprised if I thought tRump actually cared about security.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 07:35 PM

2. What if she was the decoy?

I'm just saying we shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of TrumpCo.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread