HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Beto O'Rourke jumps into ...

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 11:35 AM

Beto O'Rourke jumps into 2020 with video: 'I am running to serve you as the next president'

Source: Dallas Morning News

DAVENPORT, Iowa -- Beto O'Rourke formally launched a bid for the White House on Thursday morning, announcing his long-anticipated campaign with an online video ahead of a three-day swing through Iowa.

"'I am running to serve you as the next president," he says in a 3-minute video that his campaign planned to post online at 6:30 a.m.

"This is going to be a positive campaign that seeks to bring out the very best from every single one of us, that seeks to unite a very divided country. We saw the power of this in Texas," the former three-term congressman from El Paso says, his wife, Amy, seated beside him as he looks into the camera.

The announcement ends four months of suspense as O'Rourke seeks to harness the buzz he generated in a near-miss bid to unseat Sen. Ted Cruz last fall.

Read more: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/03/14/beto-orourke-makes-official-am-running-serve-next-president

5 replies, 739 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Beto O'Rourke jumps into 2020 with video: 'I am running to serve you as the next president' (Original post)
brooklynite Mar 14 OP
Gothmog Mar 14 #1
zonkers Mar 14 #2
Aristus Mar 14 #3
Mars and Minerva Mar 14 #5
DeminPennswoods Mar 14 #4

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 01:21 PM

1. I have met Beto in person and I really like him

I woke up to see an e-mail from Beto. I got to talk to Beto at the National Convention just briefly. In early 2015, Beto spoke to a small group at a tavern in my county. My son and I got to see Beto up close and he is amazing. I made a couple of rallies and heard him at the state convention. Beto is perhaps the best retail politician that I have seen since President Obama.

I like Beto a great deal and Beto could flip Texas which is a goal that I have been working towards for a very long time. I am still torn between Beto, Biden and Harris but my main goal is anyone but sanders.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 01:32 PM

2. That is a well crafted annouoncement. Boom. He's a force.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 03:05 PM

3. "Serve you." It's important for O'Rourke, and all Dem candidates

to draw a distinction between those who want to serve our country, and Trump, who only serves himself.

I like Beto O'Rourke. I look forward to seeing what his campaign will be like. And of course, if he gets the nomination, I'm voting for him. 'Protest' voters can take a knee; or better yet, a flying leap...

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 07:51 PM

5. I doubt that there would be many protest voters if Beto won the primary.

What possible reason could a Democrat have for trashing this guy.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 14, 2019, 05:17 PM

4. My "Boomer" generation is going to look at Beto and

see what we could have had with RFK.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread