HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » DONALD TRUMP'S FORMER CHI...

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:07 PM

DONALD TRUMP'S FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF JOHN KELLY SAYS HE WOULD'VE WORKED FOR HILLARY CLINTON IF SHE A

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Newsweek

DONALD TRUMP'S FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF JOHN KELLY SAYS HE WOULD'VE WORKED FOR HILLARY CLINTON IF SHE ASKED
BY TIM MARCIN ON 3/7/19 AT 10:43 AM

John Kelly—former chief of staff to President Donald Trump—broke his post-White House silence this week while speaking at Duke University. In his remarks at the school, the retired Marine Corps general said he would have worked for Hillary Clinton if she had won in 2016.

Cameras weren't allowed at the event, but ABC News obtained audio. Kelly reportedly did not address the report that the president ordered his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, be granted a top-secret security clearance despite concerns from Kelly.

He did say some interesting things, however, like the fact that he would have signed up to work in a Clinton White House as well.

"If Hillary Clinton had won the presidency, if she had called me and said, 'I really need a good chief of staff here, 'I would have done it.'" Kelly said.

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-john-kelly-worked-hillary-clinton-chief-staff-1355219?piano_t=1

13 replies, 1406 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply DONALD TRUMP'S FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF JOHN KELLY SAYS HE WOULD'VE WORKED FOR HILLARY CLINTON IF SHE A (Original post)
Judi Lynn Mar 7 OP
radical noodle Mar 7 #1
olegramps Mar 7 #9
DURHAM D Mar 7 #2
Honeycombe8 Mar 7 #3
Scarsdale Mar 7 #6
NewJeffCT Mar 7 #4
NewJeffCT Mar 7 #5
unblock Mar 7 #7
Solly Mack Mar 7 #8
not fooled Mar 7 #12
Journeyman Mar 7 #10
LiberalFighter Mar 7 #11
DonViejo Mar 7 #13

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:09 PM

1. She wouldn't have asked him

to be chief of staff, but he sure would have enjoyed working for her much more than for trump.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to radical noodle (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:41 PM

9. It is difficult to judge him.

When you are asked to serve your country, especially a former military person, it would seem difficult to not answer the call. However, once you have come to the realization that your service is actually detrimental to the nation, I would think the person would not hesitate to resign and tell he nation the reason. Perhaps they were playing a game of containment. This could also be justification, especially when the person they are attempting to control have their hands on the nuclear button and may be just mentally unstable to use it. The problem with dealing with Trump is not just capable of immorality, he is basically amoral. This is the most dangerous person to have in control. These type of people are not unlike Hitler or Stalin who could justify the extermination of millions to achieve their goals which they hold as justification.

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:10 PM

2. LOL - operative word "good"

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:10 PM

3. Is this the same Kelly who thought putting kids in cages was a good idea?

He has no credibility, in my book. He's tarnished, having enthusiastically worked for a con man and lech.

Response to Honeycombe8 (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:23 PM

6. Amen.

Destroyed his reputation for a con man, and the $$$$. He HAD to have known what a fake tRump was and still is. People like him have no standards, no moral decency. Give their all for a con artist with zero character. Fine way to serve this country. Hillary is surrounded by people of character, decent people who love this country. That is why Putin fought to have her defeated by Agent Orange. tRump is so much easier to buy and control.

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:12 PM

4. She would not have asked

but, thanks for offering

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:13 PM

5. I'd like to announce

that I would have taken the Attorney General job with Trump if Jeff Sessions turned him down.

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:30 PM

7. i would have taken the ceo role if the board hadn't gone with that tim apple guy....

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:32 PM

8. Fart noises.

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #8)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 01:10 PM

12. Yep

someone's trying to rehabilitate his badly tarnished image.

Hint: kelly, it won't work. We saw what you did for the orange anus.

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 12:52 PM

10. Well now he's just trolling the Dotard, seeking to rile him up, elevate his blood pressure . . .

Good for Kelly. Hope he succeeds in getting Temper Tantrump to blow a gasket or three.

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 01:08 PM

11. Kelly would not have met Hillary's standards.

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 01:17 PM

13. Locking...

Forum Hosts agree, where John Kelly would have worked "if" is not important news of national interest. Please post this in the General Discussions Forum