HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Steve Bannon: Brazil's Vi...

Thu Feb 7, 2019, 11:40 PM

Steve Bannon: Brazil's Vice-President IS "Useless And Unpleasant"

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Folha Brazil

Former White House official also said that corruption accusations against Flávio Bolsonaro are "part of the cultural marxism war"

Former White House Chief Strategist US Steve Bannon delivers a speech during an anti-immigration meeting organized by a far-right party in Brussels on December 8, 2018. - AFP

Feb.7.2019 12:25PM
Thais Bilenky
BRASÍLIA

Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon has been paying close attention to what happens outside the United States, especially in Brazil.

Last week, he appointed Brazilian House Representative Eduardo Bolsonaro (PSL-SP) as a spokesperson in Brazil for his new project, called The Movement, a network of political parties and politicians aligned with radical right-wing ideas, as well as populism and nationalism. Bannon called both Eduardo, one of president Jair Bolsonaro's four sons, and the captain (as Bannon calls the president) "extraordinary people," during a phone call on Sunday (3rd).

But Bannon doesn't seem to be as pleased with vice-president Hamilton Mourão (PRTB). "He is unpleasant and steps out of line," he said. "As far as I know, president Bolsonaro didn't give him many responsibilities, and it looks like it was a wise decision." Some people inside the administration, connected to Eduardo and his brothers, share his views.

Bannon also defended Bolsonaro's oldest son, senator Flávio Bolsonaro, currently under investigation for corruption. According to Bannon, the inquiry is part of the cultural Marxism movement's war against the family.

Read more: https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/internacional/en/world/2019/02/steve-bannon-brazils-vice-president-is-useless-and-unpleasant.shtml

35 replies, 1198 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 35 replies Author Time Post
Reply Steve Bannon: Brazil's Vice-President IS "Useless And Unpleasant" (Original post)
Judi Lynn Feb 7 OP
Blue Owl Feb 7 #1
Iggo Feb 7 #2
Initech Feb 7 #3
UpInArms Feb 8 #18
MBS Feb 8 #21
MontanaMama Feb 7 #4
mitch96 Feb 8 #34
Judi Lynn Feb 8 #5
2naSalit Feb 8 #6
Initech Feb 8 #7
sandensea Feb 8 #8
Judi Lynn Feb 8 #14
sandensea Feb 8 #15
UpInArms Feb 8 #19
ArizonaLib Feb 8 #25
UpInArms Feb 8 #30
ArizonaLib Feb 8 #31
UpInArms Feb 8 #32
ArizonaLib Feb 8 #33
flibbitygiblets Feb 8 #9
mr_lebowski Feb 8 #16
TygrBright Feb 8 #10
C Moon Feb 8 #11
canetoad Feb 8 #12
KY_EnviroGuy Feb 8 #13
muriel_volestrangler Feb 8 #17
canuckledragger Feb 8 #22
KG Feb 8 #20
ck4829 Feb 8 #23
muriel_volestrangler Feb 8 #24
Achilleaze Feb 8 #26
Maxheader Feb 8 #27
oldsoftie Feb 8 #28
duforsure Feb 8 #29
DonViejo Feb 8 #35

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2019, 11:41 PM

1. So is America's...

n/t

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 7, 2019, 11:50 PM

2. Project much?

Thu Feb 7, 2019, 11:53 PM

3. The only thing I want to hear about Steve Bannon is that he's dead or in jail.

Fuck that fucking Nazi piece of shit.

Response to Initech (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 04:24 AM

18. +1

Couldn’t have said it better

Response to Initech (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 05:39 AM

21. my thoughts as well

I shudder at the thought that he's actually earning money from this crowd for his "advice."

Thu Feb 7, 2019, 11:53 PM

4. Mirror mirror on the wall

Who is the most useless and unpleasant of them all?

Response to MontanaMama (Reply #4)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 09:43 AM

34. Yup, pot calling the kettle black...nt

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 12:01 AM

5. Two rocket scientists.

Speaking of "useless and unpleasant!"

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 12:11 AM

6. LOL

So funny and not at the same time!

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 12:12 AM

7. Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 12:22 AM

8. He should meet Argentina's far-right VP, Gabriela Michetti.

Macri keeps her busy presiding over the Senate, where after three years she still routinely forgets even basic procedural rules and has to be told how to proceed by senators themselves.

Best remembered for sneaking a suitcase full of jewelry through the airport in 2016 (a passenger accidentally picked it up, and luckily for her, turned it in), Michetti routinely chews gums while senators are addressing the chamber, and calls opponents - or even people in her own party - "ball-busting idiots."

When French President Macron arrived in Buenos Aires for the G-20 summit last November, she arrived late and, instead of apologizing in the only language she knows (Spanish), she started babbling and stammering in pig French - something to the effect of "I love France so much."

She's also, as you'd expect, staunchly anti-choice. When a bill legalizing abortion was defeated in the Senate, she exclaimed:

"Go already!"

Argentine Vice President Gabriela Michetti: Loves jewelry; but Senate rules of order, not so much.

Response to sandensea (Reply #8)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:22 AM

14. I remember reading about her fondness for jewelry and bags of cash, etc.

What a ridiculous person to put in a position of what should be considered serious, and responsible.

She seems to be born to participate in fascist politics!

As Trump has shown us, rules, tradition don't matter if you imagine if you're simply more important than everyone else.

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #14)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:40 AM

15. I often suspect Cheeto is still president thanks to a good economy - mostly inherited from Obama

Nixon, you'll recall, lost public confidence not just over his partisan abuses, coverups, and other wrongdoing; but because the economy, which had been strong until 1973, dove in 1974 into its worst recession since the late '30s.

All the more so because the crisis was largely due to his ripping up the Bretton Woods agreement, which since World War II had closely regulated currency and commodity prices. The infamous oil embargo that year added to the problem, of course.

As for Macri, sheer mafia tactics have been keeping him in power: pro-government media and a weaponized judiciary, mostly.

Plus elections are now just 9 months away, giving voters there a real sense of having light at the end of the tunnel.

Speaks to the wisdom of having 4-year terms, and nothing longer than that.

Thanks as always for keeping up with so much, Judi. I hope and trust all is well in your new neighborhood. Stay warm!

Response to sandensea (Reply #15)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 04:30 AM

19. It was the devaluation of the dollar

When he took the US off the gold standard and made it fiat money ...

The Nixon shock[1] was a series of economic measures undertaken by United States President Richard Nixon in 1971, the most significant of which was the unilateral cancellation of the direct international convertibility of the United States dollar to gold.

While Nixon's actions did not formally abolish the existing Bretton Woods system of international financial exchange, the suspension of one of its key components effectively rendered the Bretton Woods system inoperative. While Nixon publicly stated his intention to resume direct convertibility of the dollar after reforms to the Bretton Woods system had been implemented, all attempts at reform proved unsuccessful. By 1973, the Bretton Woods system was replaced de facto by the current regime based on freely floating fiat currencies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_shock

I remember how upset my father was when that was going on ...

Response to UpInArms (Reply #19)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 07:52 AM

25. Right wing radio blamed all that on Carter

Even though unemployment climbed to 7.4% and stayed until Reagan blew it up to double digits. My brother in law still insists that the Carter 'Misery' index was real. That's where all the Reagan democrats came from - idiots listening to this crap while commuting alone in their cars.

Response to ArizonaLib (Reply #25)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 08:24 AM

30. That makes no sense ...

Nixon ... resigned on August 8, 1974

Gerald Ford was in office until January 1977

Carter has nothing to do with what Nixon did ....

🤦🏽‍♀️

Response to UpInArms (Reply #30)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 08:48 AM

31. The economic problems started under Nixon

and continued through to Reagan. Carter had nothing to do with what Nixon did. Check out my post again. My post was about how the republicans wrongly blamed what started under Nixon was Carter's fault. They always refer to Carter as a bad president as if Nixon never had to resign for crimes he committed. Carter was a great president.

Response to ArizonaLib (Reply #31)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 08:52 AM

32. I wasn't directing my comment at you ..

But at the right wing spin ...

I hate that they seem to think that facts are a fluid thing that can be twisted into some kind of stupid ...

And ... then, those with little to no understanding of reality take the garbage in and never clean out their heads long enough to grasp that they are being lied to ...

Response to UpInArms (Reply #32)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 09:02 AM

33. Glad you are posting about this. Good thoughts to you.

Solidarity!

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 12:22 AM

9. Since when are we listening to an alcoholic pigeon wearing four shirts to soak up the gin sweat?

Response to flibbitygiblets (Reply #9)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:53 AM

16. I actually think he may be off the sauce ... much as I regret to say, he's looked healthier of late

Good for him ... bad for the World.

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 12:36 AM

10. Listen to him! He's THE AUTHORITY on "useless and unpleasant", after all... n/t

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 01:05 AM

11. There are VERY few who are more unpleasant than Bannon? So I find it hard to believe.

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 01:56 AM

12. Here's what the Rational Wiki has to say about Cultural Marxism

Cultural Marxism generally refers to one of two things:

First — extremely rarely — "cultural Marxism" (lower C, upper M) refers to an obscure critique of popular culture by the Frankfurt School, framing culture as being imposed by a capitalist culture industry and consumed passively by the masses.

Second — in common usage in the wild — "Cultural Marxism" (both uppercase) is a common snarl word used to paint anyone with progressive tendencies as a secret Communist. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers have infiltrated media, academia, and science and are engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture. Some variants of the conspiracy allege that basically all of modern social liberalism is, in fact, a Communist front group.

This conspiracy theory hinges on the idea that the Frankfurt School wasn't just an arcane strain of academic criticism.[note 1] Instead, the Frankfurt School was behind an ongoing Marxist plot to destroy the capitalist West from within, spreading its tentacles throughout academia and indoctrinating students to hate patriotism & freedom. Thus, rock'n'roll, Sixties counterculture, the civil rights movement, the anti-war movement, homosexuality,[1] modern feminism, and in general all the "decay" in the West since the 1950s are allegedly products of the Frankfurt school.[2] It's also the work of the Jews.[3][4]

The conspiracist usage originated in Nazi Germany, where Kulturbolschewismus ("Cultural Bolshevism" ) was used to abuse political opponents. In particular, Jews purportedly were secretly orchestrating the spread of Communism (Jewish BolshevismWikipedia's W.svg) as well as promoting sexual & gender permissiveness ("sexual Bolshevism" ).[5]

If anyone rants about "Cultural Marxists taking over culture!", feel free to remind them that they're spouting literal Nazi propaganda updated for the modern era.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Response to canetoad (Reply #12)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 02:19 AM

13. K&R. Good reference link - thanks!

n/t

Response to canetoad (Reply #12)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 03:37 AM

17. The moment you see 'cultural Marxism' mentioned, you know you're dealing with an idiot

or someone actively manipulating idiots. It's on a par with QAnon, or the accusation that George Soros is secretly controlling the world. Or the Illuminati. I suspect Bannon is manipulating here.

Response to muriel_volestrangler (Reply #17)

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 06:35 AM

22. yup.

Every right-wing idiot I come across that uses that term is usually a racist asshole, and using that 'cultural marxism' crap the way they use everything else:

To lie about and scapegoat others they don't like so they can pretend to be victims yet again.

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 05:27 AM

20. the dumpster diver speaks

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 07:32 AM

23. "Cultural Marxism"? Wasn't that what Anders Breivik was screaming as he was murdering kids?

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 07:56 AM

26. Look in the mirror, you republican scumbag traitor to America

Look in the mirror

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 08:07 AM

27. ...Drama queen...

Pot calling the kettle...

has-been
Dictionary result for has-been
/ˈhaz ˌbin/
nouninformal
noun: hasbeen

a person or thing considered to be outmoded or no longer of any significance.
"a political has-been"

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 08:08 AM

28. Screw him; he's nobody important anymore.

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 08:10 AM

29. Coming from the guy who while working under trump

Went around the world meeting with hate groups to incite them against governments, and help create political chaos for them.

Fri Feb 8, 2019, 10:10 AM

35. Locking...

The consensus of Forum Hosts agrees what Bannon thinks of Brazil's vice president is not important news of national interest.