HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trump's four trips to Mar...

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 06:45 AM

Trump's four trips to Mar-a-Lago in early 2017 cost taxpayers nearly $14 million

Source: AP via Marketwatch

NEW YORK ó President Donald Trumpís four trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort in early 2017 cost taxpayers nearly $14 million, a watchdog report Tuesday said.

The Government Accountability Office said travel and accommodations, Secret Service expenses, deployment of bomb-sniffing dogs and other costs for the trips between February 3 and March 5 in 2017 tallied to $13.6 million. About $60,000 of the tab went directly to Mar-a-Lago.

The GAO report provides one of the clearest pictures yet of the costs of the presidentís travel, and how much of that money goes back to his own properties.

The nonpartisan research group for Congress also found that Secret Service costs for three trips abroad by Trumpís two adult sons and their spouses in early 2017 ran to $396,000.

Read more: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-four-trips-to-mar-a-lago-in-early-2017-cost-taxpayers-nearly-14-million-2019-02-05

7 replies, 581 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to UpInArms (Original post)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 06:49 AM

1. But all his fans go ape shit when he donates his salary every qtr.

How bout paying for THIS bill?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to oldsoftie (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 07:00 AM

2. He CLAIMS to donate

his salary, but where is the breakdown of which charities it goes to? In tRump world, all of their charities lead to one place - THEIR own pockets.

Reply to this post

Response to Scarsdale (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 08:11 AM

3. Oh they make sure to announce where each check goes. The last one went to an alcoholism group

I would think if he WASNT doing it, we'd sure know by now.

Reply to this post

Response to oldsoftie (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 08:16 AM

6. Some of the charities he claims

were sent checks, did NOT. Wounded Warriors (I think) was one that only received their money AFTER they exposed the scam. It was a military charity of some sort.

Reply to this post

Response to Scarsdale (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 08:21 AM

7. Thats why I wonder about the government groups, like the SBA. Would they ever tell us it DIDNT come?

He's also claimed Nat park svc, and a couple others
I'd like to see them all go to out-of-government groups, then we'd know for sure

Reply to this post

Response to oldsoftie (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 08:13 AM

4. I'd like to see ONE shread of proof he donates ANY of his salary........

To anyone. Talk is cheap and that's Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to Bengus81 (Reply #4)

Wed Feb 6, 2019, 08:15 AM

5. As I said above, I'm sure if the groups he says its going to weren't getting it, we'd know.

This group isnt very good at keeping secrets!! Since most of them arent government groups, SOMEONE would blow the whistle by now.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread