HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Obama's Solicitor General...

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 11:24 PM

Obama's Solicitor General calls upon House Democrats to defund office of the Attorney General

Source: Raw Story

Bob Brigham
05 DEC 2018 AT 20:19 ET

The former top trial lawyer in the Obama administration is calling on House Democrats to stand up to “fake” acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker.

Former acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal made the remarks to MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow on Twitter.

“What is DOJ waiting for before it says whether Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker has met with DOJ ethics lawyers about him overseeing the Mueller investigation?” Maddow asked. “Why would DOJ tell the public he is *going* to do that but then not say if/when he has?”

Katyal noted Maddow’s questions and slammed the Department of Justice — where he used to work.

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/obamas-solicitor-general-calls-upon-house-democrats-defund-office-attorney-general/

4 replies, 1253 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama's Solicitor General calls upon House Democrats to defund office of the Attorney General (Original post)
Judi Lynn Dec 5 OP
TomSlick Dec 5 #1
Haggis for Breakfast Dec 5 #2
Trump Must Go Thursday #3
ROB-ROX Thursday #4

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 11:31 PM

1. I'm not sure that would be such a good idea.

That would include defunding the Special Counsel and the US Attorneys currently investigating Individual 1 and his cabal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 11:54 PM

2. I think the idea is more to force the hand of Congress to oust Whitaker.

It is insane for the repubs to think that the highest law enforcement officer in the country doesn't have to submit and go through the same confirmation process as ALL of the other AGs.

I think what Katyal wants is for this farce to end.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 01:11 AM

3. Don the Con would blame us for ending the Mueller investigation

The DOJ has no money to continue it

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 12:45 PM

4. CRACK POT IDEA

How do you block funds for FBI and other DOJ operations?? This is very DUMB.....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread