HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Disbarment for ex-federal...

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 09:21 PM

Disbarment for ex-federal prosecutor in New Orleans

Source: Associated Press

Kevin Mcgill, Associated Press
Published 7:21 pm CST, Wednesday, December 5, 2018

NEW ORLEANS (AP) Louisiana's Supreme Court has disbarred a former federal prosecutor whose anonymous online posts led to turmoil at the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Orleans and upended a high-profile police abuse case.

Sal Perricone was an assistant U.S. Attorney when his posts were exposed. He resigned in 2012, as did his boss, Jim Letten, who was not implicated in the postings.

A judge cited Perricone's misconduct in overturning the convictions of five former police officers connected to deadly shootings at New Orleans' Danziger bridge in the chaotic days following Hurricane Katrina.

The 67-year-old Perricone voluntarily resigned from the practice of law in federal courts. He had hoped to avoid state disbarment. But the Supreme Court said Wednesday that disbarment was "the only appropriate sanction."

Read more: https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Disbarment-for-ex-federal-prosecutor-in-New-13446015.php

Sal Perricone

3 replies, 714 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Disbarment for ex-federal prosecutor in New Orleans (Original post)
Judi Lynn Dec 5 OP
Roy Rolling Dec 5 #1
Control-Z Dec 5 #2
dixiegrrrrl Thursday #3

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 09:26 PM

1. He is Still Active Online

I see him occasionally on Louisiana political forums, spouting the same stuff. Or at least someone who claims to be him. A close personal friend of mine was a victim of that office because he refused to "play ball" with them.

Maybe Trump can pardon his disbarment.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 09:39 PM

2. Sitting there in the picture

and viewing it on my smart phone's small screen he has a Manafort look about him - a cockiness. At first glance I thought it was him.

Reply to this post

Response to Control-Z (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 05:19 PM

3. Yep, he does indeed. n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread