HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » FDA narrows previous warn...

Mon Nov 26, 2018, 08:52 PM

FDA narrows previous warning on romaine lettuce, says some is safe to eat

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by JudyM (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: The Hill

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Monday narrowed its warning against eating romaine, saying that it is safe to eat some of the lettuce depending on where it was harvested.

The FDA said that the romaine lettuce linked to an E. coli outbreak, which triggered last week's call to destroy any of the vegetable currently found in homes, stores and restaurants, appears to come from the Central Coast regions in central and northern California.

People are now safe to consume romaine lettuce from other regions, such as California's Imperial Valley, Arizona, Florida and Mexico, the FDA said.

To make clear which romaine is safe to eat, the FDA is also recommending that growers, processors, distributors and retailers label romaine packaging with its growing region and harvest date. For romaine that doesn't come in such packaging, retailers are being asked to have labels by their checkout registers.

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/418354-fda-narrows-previous-recall-on-romaine-lettuce-says-some-is-safe-to-eat

5 replies, 480 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply FDA narrows previous warning on romaine lettuce, says some is safe to eat (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Nov 26 OP
doc03 Nov 26 #1
Greybnk48 Nov 26 #2
Sherman A1 Nov 26 #3
BlueInRedHell Nov 26 #4
JudyM Nov 26 #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2018, 09:24 PM

1. So is Trump still going to build that wall

around Romania?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 26, 2018, 09:24 PM

2. I'll listen to the CDC. I don't trust the FDA

to have our best interests at heart.

Mon Nov 26, 2018, 09:52 PM

3. That's nice

I suspect that the Romaine lettuce 🥬 growers are at this point pretty much screwed by the recall. I know I won’t be buying or eating any for a very long time if ever again.

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 26, 2018, 09:56 PM

4. Same. My husband and I have been off lettuce all year except for r/o

some locally raised hydroponic baby greens. They use filtered water and guarantee the safety of their lettuce.

Mon Nov 26, 2018, 09:59 PM

5. Locking.

This is a dupe of earlier post https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142210873
Please continue discussion in that thread...