HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Exclusive: Trump blamed e...

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 12:38 PM

Exclusive: Trump blamed ex-counsel McGahn for Mueller investigation

Source: CNN

Former White House Counsel Don McGahn ended his tumultuous tenure at the White House with one last encounter in which President Donald Trump blamed him for Robert Mueller's appointment, sources close to McGahn tell CNN.

In a face-to-face Oval Office meeting, the President groused to McGahn about Mueller's appointment made on McGahn's watch as White House counsel, and the cloud the investigation has continued to cast over the presidency, the people familiar with the conversation said.

Sources say while the President was fixated on Mueller, he also gave McGahn high marks for other matters during his time as the top White House lawyer, as CNN previously reported. One source said the President's continued frustration about Mueller is another example of him shifting blame for the ongoing Russia investigation.

McGahn had decided it was time to go and he left before the background investigation was complete for the incoming White House counsel Pat Cipollone, one source familiar said.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/politics/mcgahn-trump-mueller/index.html?adkey=bn

8 replies, 1604 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Exclusive: Trump blamed ex-counsel McGahn for Mueller investigation (Original post)
brooklynite Oct 2018 OP
Stuart G Oct 2018 #1
SkyDaddy7 Nov 2018 #7
duforsure Oct 2018 #2
politicaljunkie41910 Oct 2018 #5
Botany Oct 2018 #3
Corgigal Oct 2018 #6
riversedge Oct 2018 #4
Jose Garcia Nov 2018 #8

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 12:49 PM

1. The one thing Trump knows how to do well, blame other people. It's their fault, not mine.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stuart G (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 1, 2018, 03:03 AM

7. I could not agree more!

Iíve met & got to know a few people like Trump during my life & they all seem to get their way & were successful to very successful...A HUGE difference was the 3 folks Iím thinking about who either ruined their lives & lost everything or very close to it...ALL had substance abuse issues. Unfortunately, when it comes to TRUMP all we can hope for is all that fast food & Diet Coke catch up to him!

...From my 48yrs on this rock, Iíve found that most asshole SOBís like TRUMP who carry themselves as if the world was created for THEM & really do think they know everything & this mindset ALWAYS leads to an eventual mistake yet TO THEM they never make mistakes, EVER! And regardless of the situation in which theyíve screwed up & despite how obvious it is to everyone else it was their fault they will easily orchestrate a way in which to blame others!!
...However, from my perspective, these types of people tend to get most of what by any means necessary legal or otherwise! The nauseating fact certain factions/types of people look up to these EGOMANIACS, want to be their pal, will defend them even if they have to lie, promote & pay them better KNOWING theyíre not the best fit, qualified, incompetent, etc.

...OH WELL, such is the world.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 12:54 PM

2. Must have found out maybe he talked

A lot more to him then he thought. How long before we find out members of his family have turned on him too, and before he turns on them to try to save himself. Just a matter of time everyone will turn on trump because he's hated so much.

Reply to this post

Response to duforsure (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 09:52 PM

5. Well he supposedly spent 30 hours testifying before the special counsel. I'm sure he said something.

As far as members of the family go. I doubt that they turn on him. They're too dependent on him for their continued existence. Jared wouldn't have his loan from the Saudis and Ivanka wouldn't have her licenses for all the crap she's manufacturing in China and selling to the poor fools here who would buy it.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 12:55 PM

3. It was not McGahn 's fault .... It was not Sessions' fault ....it was not Steele's fault ...

..... it was not Flynn's fault ..... it was not Cohen's fault .... it was not Manafort's fault ....
it was not "the fake news media's fault .... it was not Comey's fault .... it was not Trump's
kids fault .... it was not Mueller's fault ... it was not "crooked Hillary's" fault.

It was and still is Donald Trump's fault. He is a crook and he worked w/the Russians to steal the election.

Reply to this post

Response to Botany (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 10:22 PM

6. Should never have won.

What a fool, how did he think this would end? Deep thinker that Trump.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 31, 2018, 08:01 PM

4. I did not know this--Trump had ordered McGahn to fire Mueller.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/politics/mcgahn-trump-mueller/index.html?adkey=bn

.........Previous arguments with McGahn

This wasn't the first time McGahn found himself in Trump's crosshairs. The two butted heads at the start of the administration as Attorney General Jeff Sessions faced pressure to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Trump enlisted McGahn to urge Sessions not to take that step ó which he eventually did anyway. Trump remains furious at his attorney general for the recusal.

Later, Trump ordered McGahn to fire Mueller, an entreaty the White House counsel refused to carry out. Instead, McGahn threatened to resign.

The slew of incidents involving the President and McGahn amid the Russia investigation made the White House counsel an important witness in Mueller's investigation, with McGahn sitting for interviews with Mueller's team in December.

CNN's Kevin Liptak contributed to this report.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 1, 2018, 07:09 AM

8. He hires the best people

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread