HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Bin Laden raid commander ...

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 09:10 AM

Bin Laden raid commander resigns from Pentagon board after criticizing Trump

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: ABC News

Retired Adm. William "Bill" McRaven, who led the mission to kill Osama bin Laden, resigned from his post on the Pentagon's Defense Innovation Board last month, just days after he publicly criticized President Donald Trump, the Pentagon confirmed Thursday.

"I can confirm that Admiral (ret) William H. McRaven resigned from the Defense Innovation Board, effective August 20, 2018, Heather Babb, a spokesperson for the Pentagon, told ABC News on Thursday. "The Department appreciates his service and contribution on the board."

The resignation came four days after he criticized the president for revoking the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, who McRaven called "one of the finest public servants" hed "ever known."

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John [Brennan]. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who dont know him," McRaven, the former head of Special Operations Command, wrote in an op-ed for the Washington Post last month. "Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bin-laden-raid-commander-resigns-pentagon-board-criticizing/story?id=57817765

3 replies, 590 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bin Laden raid commander resigns from Pentagon board after criticizing Trump (Original post)
mucifer Friday OP
Achilleaze Friday #1
braddy Friday #2
DonViejo Friday #3

Response to mucifer (Original post)

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 09:25 AM

1. Meanwhile, the republican Draft-Dodger-in-Chief* plots out...

a way he can diss another honorable US Navy man by using his little twitter thingy, and maybe also make it a Double Pisser (R) by trashing some more Gold Star Families at the same time.

Screw degenerate, draft-dodging republican "values." So sick.

* aka Dirty Donny (R)

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 09:34 AM

2. Led the mission? I didn't realize a vice admiral geared up for the mission.

I think his job was administrative and from the office.

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 09:41 AM

3. Locking...

Duplicate, at best an update of https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142157101