HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Senate Intelligence Commi...

Wed Aug 8, 2018, 01:24 PM

Senate Intelligence Committee calls on Assange to testify

Source: CNN

WikiLeaks announced in a tweet Wednesday the Senate Intelligence Committee called on its founder Julian Assange to testify on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

"US Senate Intelligence Committee calls editor @JulianAssange to testify. Letter delivered via US embassy in London. WikiLeaks' legal team say they are 'considering the offer but testimony must conform to a high ethical standard,'" the tweet said.

The tweet also included a copy of the letter delivered to Assange.

It requests Assange make himself "available" for a closed interview with the committee "at a mutually agreeable time and location," and to respond as soon as he receives the letter.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/politics/senate-intelligence-committee-julian-assange-testify/index.html

3 replies, 611 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Senate Intelligence Committee calls on Assange to testify (Original post)
John Gruff Aug 8 OP
woundedkarma Aug 8 #1
blaze Aug 8 #2
DetlefK Aug 8 #3

Response to John Gruff (Original post)

Wed Aug 8, 2018, 01:32 PM

1. Come out come out wherever you are!! hahaha n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to John Gruff (Original post)

Wed Aug 8, 2018, 02:05 PM

3. You know what's the absolutely funniest thing about that letter? It was co-signed by Warner.

Democratic Senator Mark Warner. The very same democratic Senator Mark Warner about whom Julian Assange tried to leak dirt to Sean Hannity via a Twitter-DM.

If I were Warner, I would ask Assange under oath what kind of information he wanted to pass on to Sean Hannity. And why.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread