HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » The U.S. Embassy in Londo...

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 05:54 PM

The U.S. Embassy in London has warned Americans in the British capital to "keep a low profile"

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by muriel_volestrangler (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Yahoo.com

The U.S. Embassy in London has warned Americans in the British capital to “keep a low profile” during the visit of their Commander-in-Chief as a result of the major protests that are expected.

The Embassy sent a “demonstration alert” warning to citizens ahead of Donald Trump’s arrival in London on Thursday July 12. They stated that people should “be aware of your surroundings” and “exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings that may become violent” as well as monitor local media for updates.

This could well affect a number of senior level media executives as many of the “numerous” demonstrations are set to start in or around Soho in Central London, near the headquarters of the likes of NBC Universal, Apple and 21st Century Fox as well as various TV companies and film firms.

The main demonstrations, which are set to be attended by over 50,000 people, will start outside the BBC building in Portland Place, yards from Oxford Circus at 2pm on Friday July 13. They will then make their way through Regent Street ending in Trafalgar Square, where a rally is planned between 5pm and 7pm GMT. The Trump blimp baby is expected to make its debut during this time.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/u-embassy-london-warns-americans-145102145.html

10 replies, 1163 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply The U.S. Embassy in London has warned Americans in the British capital to "keep a low profile" (Original post)
choie Jul 2018 OP
agtcovert Jul 2018 #1
Kashkakat v.2.0 Jul 2018 #2
TheBlackAdder Jul 2018 #3
genxlib Jul 2018 #4
dflprincess Jul 2018 #5
Historic NY Jul 2018 #6
truthisfreedom Jul 2018 #7
SergeStorms Jul 2018 #8
Recursion Jul 2018 #9
muriel_volestrangler Jul 2018 #10

Response to choie (Original post)

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 06:30 PM

1. I suppose...

You can't completely discount people assuming that US citizens think like Trump does.

However, I just got back from two weeks in England (London and other places) and everyone I encountered, worked with, etc. was unfailingly polite and welcoming. Trump came up several times, but my impression is most people understand that not everyone espouses his views.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 06:53 PM

2. Complete bull shite solely for the benefit of the gods & guns crowd - like if they hate trump that

must mean they hate ALL americans.... right? Driving wedges again - they do it so well.

I would bet there will be a significant contingent of Americans participating IN the protest. Wish I was there! Would be nice to be in a good demo, in a halfway normal country.

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 08:30 PM

3. Fucking A! This is to paint the Brits as anti-American!

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 08:44 PM

4. That's some bullshit

This is just the trump administration trying to make the protests seem evil

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 09:26 PM

5. Like many Americans in the U.K. during his visit won't be looking to join a demonstration

I know I would.

Tue Jul 10, 2018, 11:20 PM

6. Bollocks

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 12:06 AM

7. Code words for "don't express support for 45"

Response to truthisfreedom (Reply #7)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 12:25 AM

8. But you know....

there will be some brain-dead Trump zombie who's going to show those Brits a thing or three about HIS personal savior, Donnie J. Trump. You know, because Trump tells it like it is! I hope the Brits rearrange said Trump zombie's face somewhat.

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 05:48 AM

9. They always issue this warning about any large protest

The main worry is crowd control/stampede problems more than anything else. If England beats Croatia they'll issue a warning about the celebrations.

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 07:22 AM

10. Locking - duplicate thread

of https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142105502 . Please continue discussion there. Thanks.