HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Fox News host blames Clin...

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:27 PM

Fox News host blames Clintons for Trump's charity scam

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by muriel_volestrangler (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: raw story

14 Jun 2018 at 12:43 ET

Fox News host Kennedy on Thursday blamed Bill and Hillary Clinton for supposedly giving President Donald Trump and his family the idea to start their own sham charity.

During a discussion on the New York Attorney General’s Office filing a lawsuit against the Trump Foundation for allegedly engaging in multiple corrupt activities, Kennedy said that Trump likely saw what the Clintons had done and decided he wanted to do it himself.

“The Clintons had a brilliant money-laundering scheme in the Clinton Foundation,” Kennedy said, without ever citing any evidence that the Clinton Foundation engaged in actual money laundering. “And it’s no surprise that any other politician would want to do the exact same thing, and concentrate money and power. But now, the cat’s out of the bag. Because no mis-doing was really pinned to the Clinton Foundation formally, are they now going after the Clinton Foundation?”..............................

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/fox-news-host-blames-clintons-giving-trump-idea-start-sham-charity/

Fox news does not allow Trump to take responsibility for his misdeeds and makes fools of themselves once more.

17 replies, 1382 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:30 PM

1. Oh, I love the

Hillary Card.

That's a keeper!

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:32 PM

2. "I LEARNED IT FROM YOU DAD!"

Man, those Clinton Masterminds filled their innocent heads with all sorts of illegal criminal urges!...when will the reign of terror END?

Probably when the right wing figures out that "BUT LOOK WHO ELSE DID IT! YOU RESPECT THEM, RIGHT?" is not a valid defense, whether whoever else actually did it or not.

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:33 PM

3. Typical republican horseshit

They always weasel away from responsibility, just like their misleader, the republican Draft-Dodger-in-Chief. Dishonorable (R).

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:34 PM

4. Wasn't she a TV game show host?

I'd certainly believe any crazy conspiracy theory that was being promulgated by an ex game show celebrity, especially is she name drops 'Clinton'.

5. Bizarre - even if the Clinton stuff were true, that would NOT excuse Trump or others

I can't believe a grown up would repeat an excuse that few use beyond age 5 -- that (X) did it too.

6. Of course this is absurd on its face, but there's one other problem.

It took me two seconds of research to learn that the Trump Foundation was founded in 1988 and the Clinton Foundation in 1997.

Response to LisaM (Reply #6)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:09 PM

14. Very good catch. . . . nt

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:38 PM

7. If I could perform contortions like that I'd never leave home.

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #7)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:25 PM

15. Baaaahahahaha

I hope more people catch this

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:44 PM

8. The Hillarity never ends with these clowns.

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 01:45 PM

9. Yeah right.

She was also right next to Obama helping nail Jesus to the cross. She was also helped Obama create the plague. she helped Obama assist Hitler with committing genocide......Oh, wait, they would be happy if they did that and would never give them credit for something they thought so wonderful.

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:03 PM

10. but..but..but I thought Trump was committed to erasing everything the

Clintons and Obamas have done. The Trump "idea" is: if they did it, I will do the opposite. The opposite would have been NOT to create a Trump foundation similar to Clinton's, and further, to dismantle the Clinton Foundation.

Response to NCjack (Reply #10)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:27 PM

16. Yet another very easy contradiction...

Combine this with the earlier mentioning of when both foundations were created... no wonder they all have pretzel brains

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:03 PM

11. Yea, I've seen people get away with robbing banks too, but that doesn't mean I am going to do it.

Response to vsrazdem (Reply #11)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:09 PM

13. You bought into the Fox progandistic wording.

Your post title accepts the supposition "sham charity" that Fox applied to the Clinton Foundation and it becomes a presupposition of your post. See my post below #12.

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:06 PM

12. Damn writers at Raw Story buy into RepubliCon Fox language. Lazy. Unprofessional. Stupid. Gullible.

"the idea to start their own sham charity."

That sentence presupposes that the Clinton charity foundation is/was a sham. Of course it is not. But Fox pushes the presupposition into the heads of viewers where it takes root and grows or where it fertilizes previous similar actions and grows the lie.

It is a classic technique of propaganda: slide a lying supposition through under the radar while the audience is agreeing to the fact above the supposition. It is a fact that Trump started a charity foundation.

Pushing a big lie doesn't work unless you never miss an opportunity to push it. Whenever Fox mentions the Clinton Foundation, they always connect words like "sham" with it. It is the same technique Trump uses whenever he attaches a word to a target: he repeats it relentlessly in every tweet or speech that mentions the target. So he says "failing NY Times" and even though the Times is not failing but is succeeding, gullible people start to think it is failing. Propaganda works like that.

Raw Story writers are gullible and stupid enough to fall for it. Unfortunately they are not alone in the media. There are many lazy media writers who act as a conveyor belt for Right Wing CONservative talking points. The Cons depend on it.

Unwarranted Assumptions. The fallacies of presumption also fail to provide adequate reason for believing the truth of their conclusions. In these instances, however, the erroneous reasoning results from an implicit supposition of some further proposition whose truth is uncertain or implausible.
Fallacies of Presumption - Philosophy Pages
www.philosophypages.com/lg/e06b.htm

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 02:45 PM

17. Locking - the opinion of a TV talking head is not important news of national interest

(though before I lock, can I just say "what a load of bullshit!".

Please repost in GD, where we can continue to point out the flaws in Kennedy's brain and morals.