HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Pro-Trump Evangelist Fran...

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:08 PM

Pro-Trump Evangelist Franklin Graham: 'Disgraceful' to See Families 'Ripped Apart' at the Border

Source: Mediate

by Josh Feldman | 1:57 pm, June 13th, 2018

Evangelical leader Franklin Graham expressed his opposition to families being “ripped apart” at the border.

Graham has come to Trump’s defense a number of times, and, when asked about this issue on CBN News yesterday, he did not criticize the Trump administration over this policy:

“First of all, I think it’s disgraceful. It’s terrible to see families ripped apart and I don’t support that one bit. And I blame the politicians for the last 20, 30 years that have allowed this to escalate to the point where it is today. We are a country of laws; laws need to be obeyed, no question about that. But the situation that we have today is a result of our lawmakers in Washington over generations ignoring this and I’m hopeful that soon something could be done to fix it.”

Attorney General Jeff Sessions defended separating parents from children when pressed by Hugh Hewitt last week, while President Trump has blamed it on Democrats:

Read more: https://www.mediaite.com/online/pro-trump-evangelist-franklin-graham-disgraceful-to-see-families-ripped-apart-at-the-border/

14 replies, 1598 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:11 PM

1. Bullshit. Franklin knows damn well it is his false messiah and cash cow, Trump that is to blame

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:16 PM

2. Whaaa?

?itemid=3392244

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:17 PM

3. It has NOTHING TO DO with the past 30 years, Franklin.

Never in the history of this country have we deliberately had a policy of KIDNAPPING CHILDREN FROM THOSE WHO COME TO OUR BORDER SEEKING ASYLUM, THROWING THEM INTO DOG KENNEL CONCENTRATION CAMPS, AND ARRESTING THEIR PARENTS.

NEVER.

Don't you FUCKING DARE excuse this disgusting fascist policy as the result of past Republican refusal to compromise on immigration solutions.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:17 PM

4. Well, lookee here! Just in time for that announcement about religious building...

expansion, renting, etc. That couldn't benefit Franklin, could it? After all, he has a nice inheritance coming and needs somewhere to invest it.

You have Osteen getting a divorce (or is that off). Is he giving up his church? Expanding? I don't like him so I don't keep up to date on his comings and goings.

For no more interest than Trump has in religion, it seems timely for Franklin to pop up.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:19 PM

5. Yeah they could use some parenting like Franklin and O'Steen got

Knee deep in hookers and blow until it was time to cash in on the family legacies

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:21 PM

6. Why: Because a majority those families originate from Central and South American countries.

And that demographic has quietly increased to transforming from Catholic to Pentacostal Evangelical. And that means loss of money to religious grifters such as Franklin Graham.

Trump put him in an untenable situation.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:21 PM

7. Franklin is merely parroting the Trump line.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:22 PM

8. Does Franklin know who Christ was most upset with in the Bible?

Last edited Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:54 PM - Edit history (1)

Jesus forgave the adulterer, the tax collector, the murderer, the thief.

The individuals that Jesus got the most upset with were the hypocrites. "Get thy from my Father's house, hypocrites. The love of money is the root of all evil". And ,"You hypocrite, you. First remove the log from your own eye, before you speak of the speck in you neighbor's eye."

In addition to "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven."

Reply to this post

Response to louis c (Reply #8)

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 05:59 PM

9. The verse you have in your post answers the question concerning

whether or not evangelical repubs are true Christians. The answer is "NO". I have several family/ friends in this category, and when I answer their crap with WWJD, they have no reply. It is my go to for confrontations with them. Quite often I quote John 2:13-17 and Matthew 19:24 to support my answers to them.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 06:12 PM

10. Oh I get it

Democrats are making Dotard tear families apart on the border and lock up 18 month old babies in dog kennels.

Is that it Graham?

Eat shit you lyin bastard! Your personal votes are ripping babies out of their mothers arms you evil republican POS!!

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 06:46 PM

11. Hey you voted for this asshole!

Did you think that maybe your party is not on the side of God? No? Then fuck you.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 07:04 PM

12. Talk to your Lord and Savior, Donald Trump

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2018, 10:29 PM

13. remind him MS-1e3 most likely the result of US deporting gang thugs INSTEAD OF PRISON HERE.

cheap ass publikkkans.

Reply to this post

Response to pansypoo53219 (Reply #13)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 11:24 AM

14. Yup, republican policies created MS-13 (also ISIS) and now they're using it to blame us.

Funny how the system works.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread