HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trump Tower transcripts d...

Wed May 16, 2018, 05:55 PM

Trump Tower transcripts detail quest for dirt on Hillary Clinton

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by muriel_volestrangler (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: CNN

Jeremy Herb

By Jeremy Herb, CNN

Updated 3:22 PM ET, Wed May 16, 2018
New documents released on 2016 Trump Tower meeting

JUST WATCHED
New documents released on 2016 Trump Tower meeting

New documents released on 2016 Trump Tower meeting 03:03

(CNN)Thousands of pages of interview transcripts with the participants of the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting shed new light on how eager Donald Trump Jr. and senior members of the Trump campaign were to obtain damaging information on Hillary Clinton and how frustrated and angry they were that the material did not come to fruition.

The nearly 2,000 pages of interviews do not appear to contain information that would change the course of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Trump's team and Russia. But the transcripts released by the Senate Judiciary Committee fill in new details about how Trump Jr., President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort were expecting a bombshell from Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.

Rob Goldstone, the British music publicist who arranged the Trump Tower meeting, told the committee he was anticipating a "smoking gun" from Veselnitskaya when he urged Trump Jr. to take the meeting, even though he thought it was a "bad idea and that we shouldn't do it

"I just sent somebody an email that says I'm setting up a meeting for someone that is going to bring you damaging information about somebody who was running to become the President of the United States," Goldstone said. "I thought that was worthy of the words 'smoking gun,' yes."

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics/senate-judiciary-committee-trump-tower-transcripts/index.html

1 replies, 537 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Tower transcripts detail quest for dirt on Hillary Clinton (Original post)
riversedge May 16 OP
muriel_volestrangler May 16 #1

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Wed May 16, 2018, 06:31 PM

1. Locking - duplicate thread

of https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142060339 . Please continue discussion there. Thanks.

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink