HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Saccone is upset - again ...

Wed May 16, 2018, 01:02 AM

Saccone is upset - again - in congressional contest, this time by Reschenthaler

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It happened again.

Two months removed from his high-profile loss in a special election for Pennsylvania's 18th Congressional District, state Rep. Rick Saccone of Elizabeth Township suffered another defeat in the Republican primary for the 14th at the hands of state Sen. Guy Reschenthaler.

Though Mr. Saccone had jokingly declared himself the unanimous winner early in the evening, Mr. Reschenthaler, 35, of Jefferson Hills, ended the night with two key counties in the bag and a call from Mr. Saccone just before 10:30 p.m., conceding the race.

“We have all won tonight,” Mr. Reschenthaler said. “I know everybody in this room really took what I would describe as the path least traveled. We were an absolute longshot when this race started.”

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2018/05/15/rick-Saccone-upset-14th-congressional-district-guy-Reschenthaler-pennsylvania-bibiana-boerio/stories/201805150162

Nelson_ha_ha.jpg

3 replies, 1210 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Saccone is upset - again - in congressional contest, this time by Reschenthaler (Original post)
alp227 May 2018 OP
BumRushDaShow May 2018 #1
marble falls May 2018 #2
DeminPennswoods May 2018 #3

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Wed May 16, 2018, 05:11 AM

1. I literally just saw this at the below link

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/05/pa_primary_2018_live_results_f.html

And specifically with the pull down for the 14th on the interactive map at that link.

As a note, I saw that Conor Lamb ran unopposed in the primary for PA-17 so am hoping he will get it in November!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed May 16, 2018, 06:50 AM

2. 'Bye Rick!

Reply to this post

Wed May 16, 2018, 07:34 AM

3. 14th CD will now pit

Reschenthaler, who doesn't live in the district, against Boerio, the D, who does. We'll see if that makes any difference to voters.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread