HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Zinke invited birthers, q...

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 04:28 PM

Zinke invited birthers, questioned Obama's college records on his radio show in 2013

Source: CNN

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN

Updated 3:29 PM ET, Mon April 16, 2018

(CNN)Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke invited a self-professed birther on his radio show in 2013 and raised questions about then-President Barack Obama's college records.

Before serving in President Donald Trump's Cabinet and as a US congressman, Zinke interviewed fellow former Navy SEAL and political activist Larry Bailey on "Commander Z," Zinke's Montana radio show that aired on the Military Appreciation Channel. Bailey, a co-founder of the anti-Obama group Special Operations Speaks, described himself in 2012 as a birther and said, falsely, that Obama wasn't born in the United States.

The interview with Bailey and two other radio appearances reviewed by CNN's KFile show Zinke engaging with and promoting fringe, conspiratorial views.

In a statement to CNN, Interior Department spokeswoman Heather Swift said, "As a radio host, (Zinke) had many guests on his program who expressed a variety of views and opinions. Mr. Zinke would always challenge his guests to defend their opinions regardless of the topic and no matter how controversial."

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/16/politics/kfile-ryan-zinke-radio-birther/index.html

6 replies, 1242 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Zinke invited birthers, questioned Obama's college records on his radio show in 2013 (Original post)
DonViejo Apr 2018 OP
saidsimplesimon Apr 2018 #1
SergeStorms Apr 2018 #2
Lonestarblue Apr 2018 #3
exboyfil Apr 2018 #4
marble falls Apr 2018 #5
mountain grammy Apr 2018 #6

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 04:34 PM

1. Montana

is occupied by many Cheny sycophants, zealots and militia crazies. A relative by marriage sold their summer home there, trout fishermen's paradise, because the residents in the area reacted to their last name. The husband is Jewish.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to saidsimplesimon (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 04:50 PM

2. Idaho and Montana......

I personally guarantee there's more right-wing crazies there, per-capita, than anywhere else in U.S. I have a cousin who's one of them.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 04:56 PM

3. Now we know why Trump appointed him.

Zinke fits right into the pit of vipers Trump has chosen to destroy government. I saw a post on Facebook this morning that I hope was real. It was a 1998 news clipping supposedly from People Magazine in which Trump said, “If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific.”

I haven’t had time today to research this, but if it’s a real quote, Democrats should use it often.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 04:57 PM

4. Why are we hearing about this now and not

at the confirmation hearing. Didn't the Democrats do any opposition research on the nominees, especially someone as odious as this?

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 06:00 PM

5. Let's see, Ryan Zinke is RW conspiracy nut as well a slandering loud mouth. Nope....

No surprise here that he's been that for years.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 06:24 PM

6. He's a fucking nazi. Montana nazi.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread