HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » AccuWeather: Heavy Snow, ...

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 07:38 AM

AccuWeather: Heavy Snow, Gusty Winds Today

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Maeve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: WPVI

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
A WINTER STORM WARNING has been issued for our entire area until 2 a.m. Thursday.

SNOWFALL/COASTAL ISSUES: We're looking at the possibility of about 8-12" in much of SE Pennsylvania, northern Delaware and areas of South Jersey near the NJ Turnpike. 4-8" is expected in areas closer to Allentown and Reading, as well as the heart of South Jersey closer to the coast. The immediate coast receives only about 2-4" of snow and ice. COASTAL FLOODING is also likely at times of high tide, both in the morning and evening with moderate flooding possible. In Atlantic City, high tide is 10:51am and 11:13pm. Beach erosion is also possible today and tonight.

Read more: http://6abc.com/weather/49644/

My snow cravings: doughnuts. Doughnut home delivery in the snow would be a growing business!

5 replies, 873 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply AccuWeather: Heavy Snow, Gusty Winds Today (Original post)
bucolic_frolic Mar 2018 OP
lapfog_1 Mar 2018 #1
bucolic_frolic Mar 2018 #2
Honeycombe8 Mar 2018 #4
woodsprite Mar 2018 #3
Maeve Mar 2018 #5

Response to bucolic_frolic (Original post)

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 07:47 AM

1. if you have flour sugar eggs vanilla yeast etc

a great activity while watching the snow fall

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lapfog_1 (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 07:55 AM

2. lol, lots of work

my folks used to make doughnuts in the 1960s. In an aluminum frying pan with bacon drippings. I don't think this was health food.

After 4 Nor'easters in 3 weeks I've barely been to the store. Not a lot of ingredients here anymore.

but thanks for the thought. pretty soon everything will be made in-house.

Response to lapfog_1 (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 08:21 AM

4. Nooooo. Eat this instead:

Sweet, hot oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins. Yum. It warms the cockles and scrubs the blood vessels.

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 08:04 AM

3. Donuts would be good!

Iíll be cooking up a big batch of chili and cornbread for dinner tonight. Iím just glad the state of DE is closed today. It means the University is closed and I donít have to call in another sick day. Iím on a kidney stone watch and my hopefully ample supply of pain pills are going with me everywhere.

Comfort food would be great right about now! I think I have one of those donut baking pans. Maybe Iíll scrounge it up and give it a try!

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 08:23 AM

5. Locking--local, not national news