HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » I am using my name becaus...

Tue Mar 20, 2018, 07:40 PM

I am using my name because I'm still not sure the Mavericks get it.

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by NRaleighLiberal (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last month former Mavericks president Terdema Ussery was presented with allegations that he had sexually harassed multiple women while he held that position. In response he said this: ďI am deeply disappointed that anonymous sources have made such outright false and inflammatory accusations against me.Ē

Letís tackle that issue of anonymity. I worked in marketing and game operations for the Mavs from 2010 through í14. I was one of the women Terdema harassed and who spoke to Sports Illustrated for the story. My name is Melissa Weishaupt.

Iím using my name because Iím still not sure the Mavericks get it. Since the story broke, owner Mark Cuban has repeatedly claimed he oversaw only the basketball side of that franchise, not the business side.

Sorry. It doesnít work that way. You own 100% of the team, Mark. The buck stops with you. When I worked on the Mavsí business side, all marketing, promotional and broadcasting decisions went through you. Nothing was decided without your approval.

Read more: https://www.si.com/nba/2018/03/20/dallas-mavericks-melissa-weishaupt-sexual-harassment-culture-mark-cuban

1 replies, 1260 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply I am using my name because I'm still not sure the Mavericks get it. (Original post)
Calista241 Mar 2018 OP
NRaleighLiberal Mar 2018 #1

Response to Calista241 (Original post)

Tue Mar 20, 2018, 11:22 PM

1. going to lock - not LBN - please repost in GD if you wish to.

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink