HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Porter's ex-wife on femal...

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 12:52 AM

Porter's ex-wife on female Trump aides' responses: 'I expected a woman to do better'

Source: MSN/The Hill

The first wife of former White House staff secretary Rob Porter said she "expected a woman to do better" after press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders refused to say whether President Trump believed the abuse allegations against Porter.

Colbie Holderness, one of Porter's two ex-wives accusing him of domestic abuse, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post on Monday that she was dismayed by Huckabee Sanders and White House aide Kellyanne Conway's comments about the allegations.

Holderness said that she was taken aback by Conway's comments on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday. Conway said then that she wasn't worried for White House communications director Hope Hicks, who has reportedly been dating Porter, because she's "rarely met somebody so strong with such excellent instincts and loyalty and smarts."

"Her statement implies that those who have been in abusive relationships are not strong," Holderness wrote. "I beg to differ."

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/porters-ex-wife-on-female-trump-aides-responses-i-expected-a-woman-to-do-better/ar-BBJ3s6C?li=BBnbfcL

According to Sarah Huckabee, women who are victims of domestic violence had it coming because they are weak. Apparently, if the victims of domestic violence were strong and smart, the men in their lives would not beat them. So, I guess the message from the White House is that if you have been violently attacked by a significant other, you should be ashamed of yourself and, perhaps, keep it to yourself.

Maybe Betsy DeVos will work this into her curriculum.

5 replies, 974 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Porter's ex-wife on female Trump aides' responses: 'I expected a woman to do better' (Original post)
TomCADem Feb 13 OP
Mira Feb 13 #1
mr_lebowski Feb 13 #2
Sophia4 Feb 13 #3
Cha Feb 13 #4
Paladin Feb 13 #5

Response to TomCADem (Original post)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 01:01 AM

1. These two ex- wives women

Are doing a huge service to us all. They are strong, steadfast, smarter than any of those who are trying to smear and discredit them, and they are standing tall.
They are showing how not to step back, and how not to be cowed. And they are showing up all who are too small to be real.

They have been sent to strengthen the me-too movement, and give it credible backbone and exposure. The Gods are not crazy.
The Republicans are.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 01:09 AM

2. Huckabee or Conway? Also, your argument is technically-speaking ... fallacious ...

Holderness' point about the inference of her statement is correct but what's her face really does not say 'you have it coming' ... that's going a bit far.

However, it IS a pretty tasteless thing to say ...

Funny how it is ... one could 100% hear Dump uttering almost that very same answer to the same question' ... minus the 'rarely', he'd say "I've never ... in my ENTIRE LIFE ... met ... I mean I've known some tough women believe me, but ... never before has the world SEEN ... strength ... and loyalty ... like Hope Hicks ..."

Reply to this post

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 02:50 AM

3. I note that no one seems to be associating the words "wisdom" or "wise"

with Hope Hicks.

No one with any wisdom could work for Donald Trump.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 05:30 AM

4. The difference is so stark between

the two ex-wives of Rob Portman and the two doormats for trump.

Two compassionate strong woman who honor the truth.. as opposed to the two sycophants who Lie for trump and the Russian take over.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 08:47 AM

5. What a shit show this country has turned into.

Something new to be angered about and ashamed of, every single day.

I want an end to the trump regime, and I want it immediately.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread