HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » California police worked ...

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:20 PM

California police worked with neo-Nazis to pursue 'anti-racist' activists, documents show

Source: Guardian

Officers expressed sympathy with white supremacists and sought their help to target counter-protesters after a violent 2016 rally, according to court documents

Sam Levin in San Francisco

@SamTLevin Email
Fri 9 Feb 2018 07.00 EST

California police investigating a violent white nationalist event worked with white supremacists in an effort to identify counter-protesters and sought the prosecution of activists with “anti-racist” beliefs, court documents show.

The records, which also showed officers expressing sympathy with white supremacists and trying to protect a neo-Nazi organizer’s identity, were included in a court briefing from three anti-fascist activists who were charged with felonies after protesting at a Sacramento rally. The defendants were urging a judge to dismiss their case and accused California police and prosecutors of a “cover-up and collusion with the fascists”.

Defense lawyers said the case at the state capital offers the latest example of US law enforcement appearing to align with neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups while targeting anti-fascist activists and Donald Trump protesters after violent clashes.

“It is shocking and really angering to see the level of collusion and the amount to which the police covered up for the Nazis,” said Yvette Felarca, a Berkeley teacher and anti-fascist organizer charged with assault and rioting after participating in the June 2016 Sacramento rally, where she said she was stabbed and bludgeoned in the head. “The people who were victimized by the Nazis were then victimized by the police and the district attorneys.”

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/california-police-white-supremacists-counter-protest

20 replies, 2226 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply California police worked with neo-Nazis to pursue 'anti-racist' activists, documents show (Original post)
Judi Lynn Feb 2018 OP
Ligyron Feb 2018 #1
SergeStorms Feb 2018 #2
RandomAccess Feb 2018 #4
SergeStorms Feb 2018 #6
RandomAccess Feb 2018 #8
IronLionZion Feb 2018 #14
kimbutgar Feb 2018 #9
Mr.Bill Feb 2018 #16
iluvtennis Feb 2018 #17
marble falls Feb 2018 #3
AllaN01Bear Feb 2018 #5
Downtown Hound Feb 2018 #7
Mr.Bill Feb 2018 #10
C Moon Feb 2018 #13
WestIndianArchie Feb 2018 #11
The Mouth Feb 2018 #18
WhiteTara Feb 2018 #19
Deuce Feb 2018 #12
Mr.Bill Feb 2018 #15
BigmanPigman Feb 2018 #20

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:26 PM

1. Wonder if those cops needed help from their brothers in Baltimore?

You know, the anti gun task force.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:30 PM

2. It makes you wonder.....

what Democracy is really up against. If this is going on in California, what's the score in Red, and Deep Red States?

Reply to this post

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:40 PM

4. What is REALLY going on is infiltration of police depts by white supremacists

which I think is the reason the cops were so disinterested in what was going on in Charlottesville that day.

The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

FBI's warning of white supremacists infiltrating law enforcement nearly forgotten
by Samuel V. Jones | May 12, 2015
http://thegrio.com/2015/05/12/fbi-white-supremacists-law-enforcement/

Anonymous Begins Publishing Identities of KKK Politicians and Cops
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/11/anonymous-exposes-politicians-and-cops/

Photos surface of Philly police officer with Nazi tattoo
http://www.phillyvoice.com/photos-surface-philly-police-officer-nazi-tattoo/

KKK Has Infiltrated US Police Departments for Decades
http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/kkk-has-infiltrated-us-police-departments-decades

It's time to admit police have a history of connections with the KKK
http://fusion.net/story/245527/police-history-kkk-connections/

"White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement"
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/402521/doc-26-white-supremacist-infiltration.pdf

Reply to this post

Response to RandomAccess (Reply #4)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:58 PM

6. Thanks for posting those.

I was just wondering how widespread it is. Apparently background checks are just as important in some PDs as they are at the White House.

Reply to this post

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #6)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 04:08 PM

8. Absolutely

It worries me greatly. Some of those links are older -- but, has the problem gone away, or continued, or escalated in today's climate??

Reply to this post

Response to RandomAccess (Reply #8)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:25 PM

14. Escalated

One of the very first Trump orders was for white supremacist groups to be taken off FBI terror watch lists and reduce monitoring

This problem is closely connected to police brutality and shootings, racial profiling, and more.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:03 PM

9. I remember reading about this in 2003 that these white sumpremists were also recruiting

Soldiers who served in Iraq and who then became police officers. There were warnings but they were ignored.

Reply to this post

Response to kimbutgar (Reply #9)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:35 PM

16. Our police have been militarized ever since the Viet Nam

veterans started joining the ranks after they left the military. Our own Sheriff in my county says this.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:37 PM

17. Exactly

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:34 PM

3. The enemy of my enemy is

a fucking Nazi. Jebus Crisp. A fucking Nazi!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 03:43 PM

5. i hope there is a law suit out of thsi

if i were paying taxes id stop imediatly as i dont support this activity. i d rather go to jail over this .
what i have been saying all along and no one listens to me , the cops are there only to protect the rich and their buddies .

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 04:04 PM

7. Anybody surprised?

Cops love to unleash their crowd control toys on anti-war, anti-globalist, and anti-Wall Street protesters, but when a crowd of Neo-Nazis literally goes on a rampage through Charlottesville they stand back and do nothing.

Not an accident.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:08 PM

10. I've lived in California for 57 years.

Most cops here have always been assholes. I would never call them for help.

My granddaughter, who is in her 20s, had another woman punch her and give her a black eye in a bar. I asked her if she called the cops. She said "No way, they would have come to the bar, beat the shit out of everyone in sight then arrested everyone."

She witnessed an incident recently where they did exactly that.

Reply to this post

Response to Mr.Bill (Reply #10)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:25 PM

13. I was at a 711 in the San Pedro area of Los Angeles.

There were two police there. One went to use the restroom.
The other was a short rookie. He was standing by the cash register.
I walked up to buy my items; smiled and nodded to him. They always at least nod back. Some don't bother to look at you. This guy, stood there with his hand on his hip (I guess his gun) and glared at me; he looked like he was going to jump me and throw me in the back of his car, if I said a word to him.
WTF?!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:11 PM

11. Big Surprise here

The majority of the police departments in the country have been infiltrated by these degenerate racist/white supremacist. This has been known since the FBI report of 2006. The only solution is to root them out and arrest them. Take the gloves off and stop the codling these punks.

Reply to this post

Response to WestIndianArchie (Reply #11)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:38 PM

18. the very nature of the job appeals to authoritarians

not to say that there aren't good people as cops, of course, but of the types of jobs that appeal to racist, authoritarian assholes in the first place ones where you can wear a gun and even use (or threaten to use) it - how does it get much better?

Reply to this post

Response to WestIndianArchie (Reply #11)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 10:41 PM

19. Welcome to DU

Yes, it is disturbing ( ) that they have infiltrated the police and other law enforcement. Actually terrifying.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:15 PM

12. Perhaps the FBI was correct about white supremacist infiltrating law enforcement.

Reply to this post

Response to Deuce (Reply #12)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:33 PM

15. There's Sheriff's Deputies in my county

with white supremacist tattoos.
My wife is a retired RN and I currently volunteer at our local hospital. Any ER nurse here will tell you stories about cops bringing arrested people to the ER after they have beaten the shit out of them. Then the cop wants a band aid put on the small cut on his knuckles so they can charge the guy they beat up with assaulting an officer. The newspaper story and the police report will say the cop needed care at the ER.

Then they will drop the assault charge if the guy doesn't say anything about the cops beating him up.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 10, 2018, 12:34 AM

20. The cops in San Diego allowed the Neo Nazi "Proud Boys"

at a rally last Summer to instigate violence and taunt the peaceful anti -moron people who were listening to the speakers before we marched down the streets. The Proud Boys came down from LA to try to cause trouble but we were too smart to fall for it. They had bullhorns and were disrupting the speakers for almost one hour and the cops stood there watching. Finally, one of the speakers, a former councilperson, called the chief of police and told her to tell the cops to do their job and separate the instigators. They finally did. Of course the Proud Boys were wrapped in the their American Flags. The cops suck!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread