HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Scott denounces Trumps 's...

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 08:14 AM

Scott denounces Trumps 'shithole' Haiti comments as Democrats see opportunity

Source: Politico

By MARC CAPUTO 01/11/2018 11:25 PM EST

MIAMI — Gov. Rick Scott distanced himself Thursday from President Donald Trump’s undisputed comments calling Haiti and some African nations “shithole” countries — remarks that Democrats say could cost him if he runs for U.S. Senate.

Scott, who is being recruited by Trump to run against Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson, stopped just short of a blanket denouncement of the president’s comments by saying he condemned them “if” the media reports about them were true. Neither the White House nor a fellow Florida Republican who was in the room during an immigration reform meeting disputed the president's racial remarks.

“If this report is true, it is absolutely wrong to say or think this,” Scott said in a written statement. “I do not think this way, nor do I agree with this kind of sentiment. I represent Florida, and we are an amazing melting pot where over 250 languages are spoken.”

“I work every day to make this the most welcoming state for everyone — Haitians, Cubans, Venezuelans, and others from all around the world that call Florida home,” Scott said. “I’m incredibly proud of our diversity.”

Read more: https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/01/11/scott-distances-himself-from-trumps-shithole-comments-on-haiti-186438

8 replies, 1108 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Scott denounces Trumps 'shithole' Haiti comments as Democrats see opportunity (Original post)
DonViejo Jan 12 OP
appleannie1943 Jan 12 #1
truthisfreedom Jan 12 #2
BumRushDaShow Jan 12 #3
GusBob Jan 12 #4
Javaman Jan 12 #5
turbinetree Jan 12 #6
lark Jan 12 #7
SWBTATTReg Jan 12 #8

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 08:18 AM

1. They always add that "if". Like as if people make up the crap that comes out of his mouth

and off his twittering thumb so they can't quite believe he would say something like that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 08:21 AM

2. Hedging. Its the repuke methodology.

They can’t afford to commit.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 08:28 AM

3. "I do not think this way,"

YES you do. EVERYONE in YOUR PARTY is tied to this. It is YOUR party's platform and Drumpf is the "head" of your party.

See... thousands upon thousands of Puerto Ricans have arrived on your shore and they will hopefully get registered and make sure your ass and every other GOP ass, doesn't get elected to anything anywhere.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 08:35 AM

4. In my middle ages, I worked in nursing homes across the state of Florida

Besides being hard workers, it would be wise to be kind to the hatian folks who care for us in our dotaring years

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 10:05 AM

5. uh oh scott, you may get that off shore drilling after all. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 10:14 AM

6. FUCK YOU RICK SCOTT, let me say it again FUCK YOU RICK SCOTT

your state asshole, attacks the very premise of allowing people to vote, your state asshole, passes laws to disbar the homeless from public areas because of tourists, your state asshole, has assholes running around with guns and blasting people because of color

Your state asshole, was the first, to have the USCG picking human beings up and shipping the same human beings back to wherever they come from, if they don't touch land....................

All, you are doing asshole just like your shenanigans with medicare is you are trying to pull a fast one , just like your entire republican party, done there, now you have sympathy--------------------FUCK YOU

You fucking asshole said this :

http://www.politifact.com/florida/promises/scott-o-meter/promise/617/will-fight-immigration-amnesty/

http://www.politifact.com/florida/promises/scott-o-meter/browse/?page=2

Your just like Carrie Sheffield, and the trump tv hacks....................and you want to be a senator.....................FUCK YOU and your shit hole supporters, your a fucking bigot, racists supporting asshole

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 11:00 AM

7. WOW! I am truly shocked!

Rick scott standing up against a rich racist from his own party - what is the world coming to? I have never supported one thing about Scott, outside of no drilling, until this moment. I am truly shocked and had no idea he had this kind of a statement in him, tepid as it was with the "if"..

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 12:10 PM

8. Yeah, these guys are cowards in denouncing language like this...period.

In no civilized conversation would this type of language ever be condoned...period. A disgusting POS as well as his cronies...this is obviously party over country now...

We now know for a 100% (although it was hard to deny it before that tRUMP was a bigot and racist based upon his prior language and actions) what tRUMP and fellow congressional cronies are truly like...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread