HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Terror attacks tripled af...

Thu Jan 11, 2018, 09:30 AM

Terror attacks tripled after Trump Jerusalem recognition, Shin Bet stats show

Source: The Times of Israel

Figures released by security service show 249 incidents in December, most of them firebombings, compared to 84 in November

By JUDAH ARI GROSS
10 January 2018, 11:17 pm

The number of security incidents in Israel and the West Bank tripled following US President Donald Trumpís recognition of Jerusalem as Israelís capital, according to new statistics released by the Shin Bet security service.

On December 6, Trump made his announcement regarding Jerusalem, sparking violent protests by Palestinians in the West Bank and along the Gaza border.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories FREE SIGN UP
Throughout the month of December, there were 249 terror attacks in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and Israel, as compared to 84 in November and 71 in October, according to the Shin Betís statistics, which were released this week.

The most serious of these were two stabbing attacks, one at the Jerusalem bus station in which a security guard was stabbed in the heart and seriously wounded, and the second during a violent protest on the outskirts of Ramallah when a man wearing what appeared to be a suicide bomb vest ó but was later found to be a fake ó stabbed a Border Police officer in the shoulder, moderately injuring him.

Read more: https://www.timesofisrael.com/terror-attacks-tripled-after-trump-jerusalem-recognition-shin-bet-stats-show/

2 replies, 417 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Terror attacks tripled after Trump Jerusalem recognition, Shin Bet stats show (Original post)
DonViejo Jan 2018 OP
trusty elf Jan 2018 #1
tanyev Jan 2018 #2

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Jan 11, 2018, 09:34 AM

1. I'm tired of so much winning.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Jan 11, 2018, 09:37 AM

2. You know, even if I were a Trump supporter with a lot of money who did a lot of traveling,

you couldn't pay me to stay in a Trump hotel right now. Too obvious a target.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread