HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Marvel creator Stan Lee, ...

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 03:22 PM

Marvel creator Stan Lee, 95, is accused of groping nurses and demanding oral sex

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Daily Mail

Comic book legend Stan Lee has been hit with several allegations of sexual assault and harassment by nurses caring for him at his Hollywood Hills home, DailyMail.com can reveal. The Marvel creator, 95, is alleged to have repeatedly groped and harassed a string of young female nurses employed to care for him.

He is said to have asked for oral sex in the shower, walked around naked and wanted to be 'pleasured' in the bedroom. The nursing company which employs the women and caters for celebrities and high end clients is now in a legal dispute with icon Lee, DailyMail.com has learned. But as yet no police complaint has been made and no lawsuits filed.

A lawyer representing Lee told DailyMail.com that Lee 'categorically denies' the 'false and despicable' allegations and fully intends to clear his 'stellar good name' and suggested the allegations could be part of a shakedown. Lee, 95, is the former president and chairman of Marvel and co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, the X-Men, Hulk among many other beloved comic book heroes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5250513/Marvel-creator-Stan-Lee-95-accused-groping-nurses.html

27 replies, 2519 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 27 replies Author Time Post
Reply Marvel creator Stan Lee, 95, is accused of groping nurses and demanding oral sex (Original post)
ansible Jan 2018 OP
FakeNoose Jan 2018 #1
BumRushDaShow Jan 2018 #2
Dave Starsky Jan 2018 #8
Kimchijeon Jan 2018 #12
regnaD kciN Jan 2018 #3
FreeStateDemocrat Jan 2018 #22
Adenoid_Hynkel Jan 2018 #24
C Moon Jan 2018 #4
demigoddess Jan 2018 #16
Ilsa Jan 2018 #18
elfin Jan 2018 #5
mac56 Jan 2018 #6
Eugene Jan 2018 #7
sarge43 Jan 2018 #19
Denzil_DC Jan 2018 #21
Tess49 Jan 2018 #9
Adenoid_Hynkel Jan 2018 #25
Vilis Veritas Jan 2018 #10
Liberalagogo Jan 2018 #11
DFW Jan 2018 #13
Oneironaut Jan 2018 #14
Codeine Jan 2018 #15
beaglelover Jan 2018 #17
left-of-center2012 Jan 2018 #20
mackdaddy Jan 2018 #23
appleannie1943 Jan 2018 #26
DonViejo Jan 2018 #27

Response to ansible (Original post)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 03:29 PM

1. Feeble

Sadly, nurses get this kind of behavior frequently from older, feeble-minded male patients. The nurses are trained to deal with it, and it doesn't affect their job status or anything else. It's highly doubtful that a 95-year old man could perform, even if he did get lucky. (He's not going to get lucky.)

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FakeNoose (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 03:38 PM

2. But then there was this guy

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #2)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:11 PM

8. Jack LaLanne is an outlier.

When your entire career is fitness and health, you can fit it into your day every day.

Response to FakeNoose (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:17 PM

12. So now any senior in care gets accused too... Well especially if they are rich/famous...

Talk about shameful, so much for professionalism. Sigh...

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 03:45 PM

3. Although this is not to excuse the behavior...

...it might be a sign of senile dementia. Of course, if this spurs allegations of similar behavior from his younger years, all bets are off.

Response to regnaD kciN (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:53 PM

22. If he is senile, it is an excuse for his behavior, since he has lost his mind and the people who are

making this public are really low-life fuckers. This is a sad situation that if you live long enough you too will lose your mental function.

Response to regnaD kciN (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 07:18 PM

24. though if continues acting, public speaking, etc

there's no argument to be made that he's out of his mind.

Or it could be what he says: An extortion attempt.

Even though I'm a Kirby guy and have made my share of jabs at Stan over the years for the way he treated Jack and Ditko, this story seems fishy.

Lee has been involved in the industry since the 1940s, has met thousands of fans and has worked over many women and we're not hearing anything until now?
Until something more credible than the Daily Mail reports this, or evidence of a pattern turns up, I find this hard to believe and give the old guy the benefit of the doubt.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 03:47 PM

4. Maybe they can send over male nurses.

Response to C Moon (Reply #4)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:04 PM

16. that was my thought!!

maybe big, strong male nurses.

Response to C Moon (Reply #4)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:23 PM

18. That was my suggestion. nt

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 03:52 PM

5. This is sad

He may have harassed women for many years she years ago -- back when women refrained from speaking up.

Now, either repeating past horrid behavior, or perhaps feels some strange license to do so due to senility.

Bet caretakers run into this kind of crap more often than we know.

Have a friend of a friend whose husband (a jerk) is in early 90's and though severely stroke-impaired solicits (with garbled language and motions) every female caretaker who comes to their home do her job.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:06 PM

6. With great power comes great responsibility.

Too soon?

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:06 PM

7. The Daily Mail?

That is hardly a reputable mainstream news source for LBN purposes. A Google search only shows low quality tabloid coverage.

Response to Eugene (Reply #7)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:33 PM

19. Wikipedia has banned that rag as an unreliable source.

That alone should fire up the crap detector about that sleazy article.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website

Response to Eugene (Reply #7)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:43 PM

21. It's actually banned as a source in LBN.

If a host's around, this OP shouldn't last long.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:13 PM

9. Having worked in health care for over 35 years, I can state with certainy that this type

of behavior from elderly men in not uncommon. I believe it has to do with declining mental health. I think I've seen it all over the years.

Response to Tess49 (Reply #9)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 07:22 PM

25. This is true

There's a certain late, beloved liberal commentator, who, out of respect for his prime years and work, I wont mention the name - but I know someone who worked with him for decades and he said, in the last year or two of his elderly life, something clicked over in the guy and he got really grabby toward women and acting out of his until-then sterling character. It got to the point that they had to curtail or heavily monitor any time he was at a public event.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:15 PM

10. No police complaint? No lawsuits filed, just heresay from a rag.

Next...

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:17 PM

11. "But as yet no police complaint has been made and no lawsuits filed."

Yet people are believing this like it's fucking written in stone. And from the RW rag Daily Mail.

So nowadays, all you have to do is make an accusation, and the person is automatically guilty. Unless it's against some RW a-hole of course.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:27 PM

13. I have to wonder

I haven't seen Stan for a couple of years now. I know he now has a Brian Wilson-style guru who acts like a firewall between Stan and his friends when he can get away with it. These types seem to latch onto victims like lampreys, and Stan's wife died recently. Whether Stan's guy has good intentions or not, I have no idea. Stan sure as hell never acted like that around my wife and elder daughter, whom he called my "fabulous females (I can only concur)." What Stan DOES do is make wisecracks a mile a minute, and I can imagine some of them could be misinterpreted, maybe even conveniently, the wrong way if someone is looking to make a buck off of him. It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to milk him financially. Just read the history of Marvel.

I DO know that the man has a heart of gold, or at least used to. The allegations listed are NOTHING like the man I know. My grandfather had all his marbles up to when he died at age 102, so there is no reason to assume one way or the other what Stan's mental state is now, although a mutual friend had lunch with him last year and said he was the same old Stan Lee.

[URL=.html][IMG][/IMG][/URL]

[URL=.html][IMG][/IMG][/URL]

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 04:55 PM

14. I think people are entitled to defending themselves without a trial by media.

The truth is, we have no way of knowing if these allegations are true or not.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:00 PM

15. His current batch of nurses says his behavior

is exemplary, fwiw.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:09 PM

17. Not buying into this story.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 05:38 PM

20. Stanley?

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 06:34 PM

23. He should be thrown out of the senate......

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 07:29 PM

26. That is fairly normal behavior for very old men. Their desire to play touchie feely is one of the

last to go, long after the main organ quits working. And once their inhibitions go, caring for them becomes an exercise in avoidance.

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 07:44 PM

27. Locking....

The Daily Mail is not considered to be a reputable mainstream news site for LBN purposes. Please post this in the General Discussions Forum.

From the SOP of the LBN Forum (emphasis added):

Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.